Plumber Pricing

Name
Bill Soukoreff
A friend had to call a plumber today to unclog a really badly plugged toilet. They charged $49.00 just to show up whether they do anything or not. Then they quoted $199 (their minimum price)to do the work and he had to sign the service order agreeing to pay the amount quoted before they lifted a finger. The job took 20 minutes from showing up to driving away. $248.00 plus tax.

They have less equipment overhead than we do and no chemical or truck mount fuel costs. :shock: :shock: :shock:

RIP IT

Name
Chris
In Oz becoming a plumber is a 4 year trade qualification, carpet cleaning is not.

I did a red wine vomit stain removal yesterday for $150 that took 10 minutes. The customer was very, very happy the stain came out. ( her husband was a plumber ). He couldnt get it out!

However I used a $40000 machine, $3 worth of chemical and used 20 years of knowledge, plus it was a 30 minute drive each way. Horses for courses.

The job before that was a small carpet repair and clean 5 empty rooms of carpet that another ( supposed ) carpet cleaner already had half cleaned . $266 for 1 hour and fifteen minutes. plus 30 minutes drive each way.

Last job was collect and clean 5 dust control mats from the local shopping centre. $125 each with a total time to complete 2.5 hours.

$1041 for a pretty cruisy day.

I reckon that's pretty good money for NOT having to spend 4 years learning how to handle shit.

Farenheit251

I did some research on plumbing companies. I believe they are number 2 in yellow pages spending right behind personal injury lawyers. They lead the way in marketing with carpet cleaners catching on a few years later. From what I learned clogbusting is the best quick and easy money with many companies like Roto Rooter to focus in on just this service. Very lucrative but only if you can get the phone to ring without spending all your profits. It appears to be coming to an end now with many companies offerring specials to bust any residential clog for $99.

Did you know? The busiest day for clogbusting is the day after Thanksgiving,followed by other holidays. When I was heavy into restoration it seemed like I was always getting sewer cleanups on the holidays, We used to just think other companies weren't answering their phones.

I want to wish all the restoration guys a crappy Christmas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom