plumbing dual heat exchangers

Name
Jesse
Is it better to:
A- Piggy back 2 exchangers so the water goes through both exchangers
This way is more restrictive but I don't know if it's significant.
or
B- link them so the water is split and only passes through 1 or the other. This of course means it will travel slower through the exchanger and is less restricted, but who knows how much.

If any of you know I'd appreciate the help. It'll save me some testing.

Kelly

my personal feeling is that you should run the water through the heat exchangers one at a time, so that the water is heated continuously through each one. Also I'm sure its also important to correctly plumb the direction of water flow through the heat exchangers as well. I'm pretty sure that part is simply forcing the water to enter the coolest part of the exchanger and making it flow to the hottest part for the best results. Good luck with your experimentation.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
As Kelly and Larry mentioned, plumb it in series and so the coolant runs opposite the solution flow, The solution will always be coming in contact with hotter water.
In biology it was called counter current heat exchange. Its how birds can stand on ice and never melt their feet to the ice, and how tuna can swim faster by warming their muscles-closest thing to a warm blooded fish. Just don't fight them too much, you'll cook em.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom