Pool Chemicals

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I was looking at the active ingredients in pool chemicals at the hardware store. They sell an “PH Reducer” that has Sodium bisulfate as the only active ingredient. They also sell a powdered defoamer. There may be other chemicals used in pool maintenance useful to the carpet cleaner readily available for a fraction of the cost. If I really thought about it, I could get half of my chemicals at Wal-Mart and Home Depot.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
ACE said:
I was looking at the active ingredients in pool chemicals at the hardware store. They sell an “PH Reducer” that has Sodium bisulfate as the only active ingredient. They also sell a powdered defoamer. There may be other chemicals used in pool maintenance useful to the carpet cleaner readily available for a fraction of the cost. If I really thought about it, I could get half of my chemicals at Wal-Mart and Home Depot.

That “PH Reducer” that has Sodium bisulfate as the active ingredient will definitely RUIN the carpet that you might be purchasing..

It is a strong acid.

Soda Ash leaves a lot of residue when used in carpet cleaning. Not a very good builder anyway.

Pool chemicals are low quality for low price.

Larry

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
How is the pool Ph Reducer "Sodium bisulfate" any different than that sold by carpet cleaning supply companies a reducing agent “brown out” , “anti-chlor” or “bleach neutralizer” ?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
There are a few chems geared for pressure washing. I was at my local pool store just the other day looking for some sodium percarb to power wash mold off a wood deck. The owner recommended some sodium hypoclorite (chlorine shock), but because it is too high of a ph it can damage the wood, so he also gave me sodium bisulfate to bring the ph down to a safer level for wood.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:

ACE said:
Possibly your dumbest / gayest idea yet.

I hear toilet bowl cleaners reall get the stains out too. :roll:
:lol:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You have way to much time on your hands Robison. You went back through my post to find one to make fun of and had to go back a full year? Get back on the truck and go diaper scrub out some Groupon deals.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
You have way to much time on your hands Robison. You went back through my post to find one to make fun of and had to go back a full year? Get back on the truck and go diaper scrub out some Groupon deals.

I didn't find that post....Pay attention Junior.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom