pool filter conversion

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have a white magic pro 1600. The bag in the fliter box is kind of a pain to clean so I just started using a pool filter that I had laying around. Very convenient when used with panty hose. The only thing is the ports are so small on them it must step down to like 1.75". The gauge is showing 2 Hg just from adding the fliter with no hose on the other end!

Anyone ever cut the ends off and epoxy cool cuffs on? I am thinking that is what I am going to do. I'm just worried that it might not hold up very well.

John Watson

Re: poll filter conversion

Jim has photos in the High Performance room.

I converted mine in April I think and has worked great for me.

I made mine 2 1/2" on outbound side 2" cool cuff adaptor on the intake side.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

IMG_3441-1.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3694-1.jpg

100_3749-1.jpg

100_3750-1.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith

I have the 2.5 but hate those socks will have to convert... wait just bought a warrentee no money for greenie till spring! :cry:

Greenie

Don't epoxy anything!
Call me before you get going on this, oh...and are you running 2" hose, or 2.5" hose?

Greenie

at NE SteamWay since they are close to you, if you give them some advanced notice they can order the ones already done up with either 2" coolcuffs, or 2.5" coolcuffs, but they probably don't have them on the shelf.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
just buy the damn thing from Greenie and be done with it

unless you have Jim Martin skills they it isn't worth messing with it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
these are the 2.5 fittings.....I don't have a picture of one already on a pool filter YET..

no room for error on these.....

IMG_3850.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I brain stormed it........... I don't build them........and when others build them ..if they don't complete the whole puzzle you will not get the full effect.............

John Watson

When we bored the hole in the 2 1/2 end, to make sure it was centered we used a bandsaw first to cut off the nipple, then inserted a wooden plug so a true center was used to drill with the hole saw.

I will buy my next one already made, Took me over 1/2 day to convert , used a wood lathe, band saw, and a large drill press. (I got a great bud with a complete woodworkers shop)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom