Poor man's pump out

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I thought of this many times over the years, just never did it.

Why can't an industrious fellow drop in a sump pump and plumb a line w/hose fitting thru the tank?

Yea I know it runs on 110vt, but guys with Powermatics already have 2200wt generator running.
Worst case scenario, you run an extension cord.

wouldn't be more $70 bukz in parts
including the pump, which is on sale at Harbor Freight for $29
(1/2 HP dirty water pump, that will handle solids over an inch and pump over 1900GPH thru 1 1/4" hose)

..L.T.A.

R

R W

hay, Larr....I thought about the same thing, only building a filter box either right inside the truck, or one that sits outside the truck. That way, the crap don't make it to your waste tank. Drop in a sump, and let it cycle with the water flow.Ya just gotta leave the level of water above the pump inlets.

I'm sure there's a problem there somewhere. Maybe Larry Cobb can shed some light on it.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Meat, i am doing just that right now. i actually found a 12 volt electric sump pump and it works fine. Its not as powerful as a 120 volt one. But you could always use a power inverter also.
anthony

The Preacher

good lord, it's Paytoilets B-day and you guys are talking like a bunch of BDCC;s!!! get a loan from the credit union and buy a doodaddy pumpout!!!

TimP

I wouldn't buy a damn pump out....waste of money. I like to pollute the environment by dumping on the grass and making it grow really fast and green.

Rex Tyus

I wouldn't buy a damn pump out....waste of money. I like to pollute the environment by dumping on the grass and making it grow really fast and green.

A pump out does the same thing just more discreetly :wink: .

TimP

The way I understood it they run it into a toilet or something like that? Or sewer?? As far as dumping a 5 minute break is always welcome for my out of shape sorriness. :shock:

Rex Tyus

The way I understood it they run it into a toilet or something like that? Or sewer??

You could do that but....

Carry two hoses. 1 black for asphalt, 1 green for grass. Drives the tree huggers nuts :twisted: .

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
R.W.;

Yes, I have something to say about it.

MOST LO-HP SUMP PUMPS WON"T WORK

Pump outs have to work against 10-17" of vacuum.

This vacuum level will leak air back to the pump and it will stop working until the vac level is reduced.

Larry Cobb

TimP

As far as I understand it's the tree huggers fault that 1600+ homes were lost in california. You know it is so much smarter to have controlled burns so that it don't happen. Forrest's naturally have fires there is no way to stop it and keep the trees for ever, you have to keep the Forrest maintained and do controlled burns. I personally think they are a bunch of pot smoking hippies that think that it's best to sit around and smoke pot and protect the environment by leaving it alone.....this is probably a comment best suited for the bird room :roll: moving on....

TimP

I do know that they were done on purpose but you do have to burn Forest's and control them or they will be out of control. California is just a place waiting for disaster being as dried out as it is. I'm all for tree hugging/conservation if it's done in a smart way. Keep the forest going but do it the same way nature does it and control it and keep all the dry brush away from people and homes. Like I said if you leave it to nature, nature is very powerful and worse could even happen.

R

R W

See.....I knew Larry Cobb would chime in. I've got a belt driven pumpout on the Genesis, and it is driven by a 56 HP engine. I have been having trouble with it because there is a small air leak somewhere in the system, and it won't start pumping full force when under full vacuum. I have to go out to the truck and uncap one of the vac ports to get it started, then it will flow.

As for the tree huggers and the California fires....I believe most of the fires are fuel by wild growing chapparal bushes. On one hand, they are needed for stabilizing the hillsides from mud slides, on the other hand, they are perfect fuel when dry for fire. Then add in the wind, the heat, and the low humidity.

Let's hear from some real Cali residents about these fires.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
I could have done that.But I remembered my JD days...

It is so much easier to drop the line in the tank,and suck siphon...

Course you Should brush your teeth later...

Not for your breath but nylon tastes worst then olefin...

In fact you reminded me,got to do that now...

Be back in a few...lol...

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I have made a poor man's sump pump. Replaced the pump pretty much every year. Wears out, and doesn't pump nearly as fast as my external mount. As the pump would get worn, it would not fight against the loads of 12+

GRHeacock

I made a poor man's pumper, external, runs on regular 110 volts. Works on TM and portables.

The shape and location of my waste tank could not use an internal pumper.

So, I had to get creative.

E-mail me for the directions and plans. No charge. Under $100 to make. Lasts forever.

dfrif@juno.com

Gary

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I made an external, non-auto (I can always find something to do for 10 minutes), pumpout for around $100. Slides on the waste tank barb with a rubber collar. 12v pump from Northern, check valve, hose fitting. Also made one with a 110v pump from Lowe's. Been using them for a few years, no prob.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Larry Cobb said:
R.W.;

Yes, I have something to say about it.

MOST LO-HP SUMP PUMPS WON"T WORK

Pump outs have to work against 10-17" of vacuum.

This vacuum level will leak air back to the pump and it will stop working until the vac level is reduced.

Larry Cobb

I have run sumps for years. All it takes in a good in line check valve to prevent vacuum loss and a 1/4" hole in the standpipe before the check valve to always keep the sump pump impeller primed.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
A poor man's pump-out would be (a gravity pump-out):

No pump at all! Hook a 5/8" OD hose barb into your dump valve setup, hook up some rubber garden hose (flexible) to the hose barb on your waste tank dump side, with a 3/4" one-way check valve.

Water will run out when there is no HG load on the waste system while you are cleaning.

What's that say about maximum HG and it's inverse relationship with airflow???

It really will work!

Spurling

pump out

Yeah I spent less than $100 for a pump out and installed a check valve just outside of the tank and it works great no matter how much vacuum pressure you have.

JFRASER

25ft- 2in vac hose run idle for about 2min dumps 100gal just fine for me.
Cant get much cheaper than that.

John Watson

my 88 Jem came with it installed, just run the cord, best to prefilter waste before going into tank though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom