Porcelain Tile

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I cleaned this tile awhile back. It was a brand new install which they spilled syrup on. They spent a few weeks and just couldn't remove it all. It was a nightmare for me to clean. What gives❓I'd swear its porous. Today I cleaned his carpet and was very careful to not drop anything on it.
Every drop seemed to leave a stain. I will in the future have to clean it again. Is there a different product I should use to clean it. A different process.

Bryan Thomson

Supportive Member
Name
Bryan Thomson
The cheap China porcelain is "unglazed" to give it a "matte natural stone" look.
The unglazed porcelain is "semi porous" meaning the lack of a glaze on top leaves microscopic porous uncovered so anything spilled on it actually absorbs / penetrates the top layer.
I would try a heavy alkaline cleaning first at 1200 psi at 180 -200 degrees and if that doesn't work try an acid cleaning followed by neutralizing rinse.....dry and seal with a penetrating sealer.
I have had to do this many times with "unglazed" porcelain tile.

Hope this helps

Mikey P

Administrator
I think I'd be more inclined to put a coat of Porous Pro then a Granite Sealer as well.

All eyes will be on this one for long time

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The unglazed porcelain is "semi porous" meaning the lack of a glaze on top leaves microscopic porous uncovered so anything spilled on it actually absorbs / penetrates the top layer.

That sucks... Looks great on the floor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom