Portable extractor specifications question

a company based out of houston called ram solutions i believe makes a porty i am looking at getting. same exact one that comes with the roto vacs at least are in the advertising pics. it has 2 3 stage vacs, 500 p.s.i., 2000 watt inline heater.
questions: 1. how much cfm?
2. inline heaters worth a flip?
3. how much loss from 25' hose to 50'?
4. would running a 2" hose help or not?
5. would a glide really add lift?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
extremecleantx;

2" hose would help if you run 50'.

Check the pump GPM. You need about 1.5 GPM or more for the best cleaning with a portable. Pressure is helpful, but not as important as GPM.

A glide will help the performance, but doesn't change the lift to any degree. Make sure the wand design has good airflow capability.

Heaters are limited due to power drawn by 2-3stage vacs and bigger pump system.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Greenie

"inline" heater sounds like it's not on the machine.

After running a porty with 50' of 1.5" and 50' of 2", it's a no-brainer, 2" all the way.

You will get opinions and numbers, best to fire it up yourself and actually run it.

I've yet to see a single plug heater be worth the money, elec. is very inefficient for heating water in our application.

thanks for the help guys!
i have a ninja and a old century 400 to mess around with and i was wondering if there was ways to make mods to portys to give them more bang? ive heard of drilling holes in the end of wands, slits on the back lip of the wand, but i was thinking if i connected the 2 machines togather somehow it might do something?
also what is a good jet size for my new application?
thanks

G

Ask Larry for a pair of his new style vac motors and plumb your ninga in with 2 inch.

Chad

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Extremecleantx;

If you are building your own machine, then the new Air-Watt vac motors will give you the best performance for a given electrical current.

Add a high GPM pressure pump and you will have a top quality portable.

Some newer portables even come with the 2" inlet on the vac tank and a fan to keep all the components cool.

Larry Cobb

i looked around online and could only find air-watt in home central vacs? also i found that a lot of 1 stage and 2 stage vacs are more powerful then 3 stage. whats up with this?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
3 things i'd invest in if i used a portable again:

1) a host scrubber for FAST pre-scrubbing in your pre-spray (very lightweight and maybe even faster than a low-speed rotary).

2) a PowerBooster / vac booster.

3) a teflon glided wand.

in that order --- Derek.

G

With a porty I use to use a inline ProChem 2000 portable heater and ran HOT water thru it. With 06 jets it increased the heat alot hotter than the hot tap water in the solution tank.

Willy

My old Ninja had a 500 PSI General pump and a vac booster that gave me two sets of 2 stage in series that ran to the parallel stack. Great flow and vacuum, too bad it got burnt up in a vehicle fire. You might be able to dig up a pic of the vac booster on the KleenKuip site. Steambrite out of Texas sells a heater called the Volcano- BUT - it requires 220 service. You can pigtail the cords or move the dryer or stove.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom