Portable pressure low

Ken692

Name
Kenny
ok I have been out here for months getting involved and picking people's brains, I rebuilt an EDIC fivestar, new vacuum, new base, new brush, new pump, still has some older parts and I have checked best I can the nozzle seems clear, the pressure lines are not great but for some reason I'm not getting the flo I get in my other EDIC units, the clear top shows the soapy water, but not a lot, how can I test the volume. How can I check the volume. Only used it on an area rug and it works nice vacuume wise, but not much solution. Don't see any kinks. I'm going to check the pickup screen on the feed line, I did add the stop valve on the attachment line

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I always rule out all the filters being obstructed first when dealing with low or dropping pressure.

Start with the filter at the bottom of the fresh tank and work towards your wand.

There is often a second finer filter on many machines located between the primary fresh tank filter and the pump, usually inline on the sol line feeding the pump.

Is the new pump same as the old model??

Same output volume?

What kind of stop valve?

Maybe it is restricting flow?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It's basically using a bucket to catch the solution output over 1 minute so it can be measured and compared.

Bucket will work with most wands, but a bucket might be difficult on a self-contained unit like those.

Get the machine raised and place a big enough tray or tote under it to catch solution over 1 minute on each machine and compare the results.

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Sureflo 45psi
It's a ball stops the solution from running out
I can find problems
It sounds great could be the pickup
Def needs a cleaning
I'm going to try the 1 min test

Ken692

Name
Kenny
The check valve is new

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 271

Ken692

Name
Kenny
This is not new on mine
I don't have the valve in the blue box, has to be here, everything else seems fine

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 275

EDIC

Name
Rick
Hi Ken,
GPM and PSI are two distinct measurements. Also, the GPM on the label will change with the spray tip being used, therefore, simply measuring the output and basing the results against the label will yield significantly less than 1.4GPM. To put 1.4gpm into perspective, at that rate, the 3 gallons in the Fivestar would be gone in 2 minutes. The actual GPM will be lower than that.

You mentioned you have a 45PSI pump- currently our pumps are 80PSI so I assume this is an older pump- possibly in need of a rebuild.

As Ray Burnfield mentioned, self contained units are lower pressure as the brush is the main agitator. It's possible your problem is not the pump but rather the vacuum. Your pump may be putting down plenty of water but without the vac pulling it out at a noticeable rate, you simply would not know it.

To eliminate the vacuum try the following:

If you're standing behind the machine, remove the vacuum hose cuff on the RIGHT side of the dome and place your hand over the orifice on the dome.

Good suction? The problem is from the vacuum shoe to that hose where it meets the dome. There is either a clog or leak.

Bad suction? Check the air filter on the left hand side of the dome.

Depending on the age of the unit, the filter will either have a hose clamp or be a pull out cartridge. The clamp is the identifier.

Clamp? undo the clamp and pull filter off for cleaning.

No clamp? Standing behind the machine, remove the hose cuff on the LEFT of the dome and pull out cartridge filter and clean.

Check your vacuum shoe to make sure it is even throughout where it makes contact with the floor. Any cracks? Obstructions?

If after these steps you see no change (assuming you checked for clogs), then the vacuum system can be eliminated as the cause of the issue.

You have my info- feel free to call me and we can try some other troubleshooting ideas.

Have a great weekend!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Ken692

Name
Kenny
It's great suction, it lifted the carpet off the floor, the dome is not showing the waste water at much volume to another unit I have it's a new pump, I'm sure it's the feed hoses, there crap 1997.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 277

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Seems to be working better without doing anything ?
Maby the filter loosened it self up

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 263

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Here is a before and after

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 264
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 261

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Has a leak, I can hear it drip drip drip but don't see it ???
Can't catch a break

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom