Portable pump question

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My current portable has 2x three stage vacuums + a variable 1-500 psi pump.
The vacuum with 2" ports is awesome. However, the pump adds a lot of weight, vibration (and price) to the portable.

Most of the time, I clean at 300 Psi (I don't do tile etc.) is there a pump that will do 300 Psi, (no need for variable pressure) yet be very dependable and weigh less?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If you have an adjustable Pumptec like this......

View attachment 4771
, its not the pump head that's the problem, it's those monster Baldor motors that weigh a fookin ton.

I think Mytee and Cobb's have been using a smaller, lighter, lower hp/amp motors in some of their newer units, like this..............

View attachment 4772

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Ross,
Which one?
And do manufacturers offer them in their portables (as I am not mechanically inclined).

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I would not suggest any of those two pumps above that Frank was kind enough to post. Purchase the pumptec 112 model and you'll be a happy camper all the way around!

best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Willy P

Name
Willy P
2 routes you can go - the motors on the above won't last as long as a proper dual capacitor ac motor. I may be wrong(first time for everything) but I believe those are rectified DC motors. You can have reliability or light weight.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Thanks Ross,
Which one?
And do manufacturers offer them in their portables (as I am not mechanically inclined).

http://www.hypropumps.com/EngineeredProduct_product_5324C_Series.aspx
Think this is the one without taking my machines apart. We found them to be quite reliable and adequate pressure and flow.
One of the reasons that we get good life from pumps is that we heat water after pump stage with Little Giants.

They came fitted into our Steamvacs which are now stand-by machines. They now come with bigger pumps to allow for tile cleaning
http://www.envirochemicals.com.au//index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=457_465_39&products_id=132

They were our workhorses for years before going to Steamex
www.cleancare.com.au/steamex-3000-carpet-extractor/w1/i1002962/

roro

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom