porty problem

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just got a used ninja 150psi cold water. Used it on a 1 br job deep in a apt complex.
It would spray fine for about 10 minutes and then it keeps getting lower psi.
Is it time to rebuild pump?

Thank You

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Louis said:
I just got a used ninja 150psi cold water. Used it on a 1 br job deep in a apt complex.
It would spray fine for about 10 minutes and then it keeps getting lower psi.
Is it time to rebuild pump?

Thank You

I'd try plugging in just a fitting and running the pump wide open into a bucket for a few second see how the flow is doing that It seems to work for me when I have low pressure from my Flow Jet pump on my portys.

Name
John LaBarbera
Rebuilding the check valve is really just replacing it. If it was the diaphragm it would be leaking. I think it is more likely to be the motor. If that is the case I would replace the whole pump. I would also recommend a Sureflo pump over a Flojet. A 100 psi pump is bullet proof and I don't think the 50 psi is that much better. If you have room I would just go to a 500 psi pumptec with a 1/2 hp dual capacitor AC motor and a 1.6 gpm cam. you'd love that set up. Most dist. can help you with either choice.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Louis said:
I will try that. I thought rubber was getting hot and losing pressure.

It seems like over time those pumps have a problem priming, Let me know if that works for you. You'll have't to do it every time the pump runs dry though. If not you'll have to replace the pump. I agree Surflos are slightly better but, I just buy the one I get the better deal on. I don't know about the high pressure pump the Maytee guy suggested seems like you would be going through a lot of solution with that setup unless you have a direct hook up to wate.r Plus there is the vacume problem with a porty and all the water flow :mrgreen:

Bjorn

just buy a new pump they don't cost that much and it will save much trouble

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom