XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
xtreme1.jpg

xtreme3.jpg

John Spezia

Your card looks cool.

One thing I don't understand is, why do guys put same day service on their advertisements??? I look at it as if you can clean my floor the same day I called you, you must be slow and you don't do quality work cause your not busy.

With my T&G cleaning business, I freak the F-out when we're not 2 weeks booked. Most of the year we are 4 weeks booked in advanced.

Sounds crazy but I think like a consumer no a business owner when it comes down to marketing. Just my 2 cents

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
same day service with me is emergency service and there is a charge. I only work from 8:30 am -3:30 pm but will go out for sameday service at night

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I put it together in about an hour, next run will say emergency service. Thanks

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jus a few point that jump out at me.

I like to make the expiration date in around 3 week. So it doesn't end up well intended but, forgotten in a drawer somewhere.

3 month is not a call to action.

"Green cleaning" could be larger font. To get more attention.

The phone number and bottom of coupon could be obscured when the post office covers it with a paper tag bar-code. Since you have a black card.

Mail one and see if they cover it up. Not much good if the phone number is blocked.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't mind getting them later on I have a consistant mail campaign. I am just taking it over rather than having coupon mailers like val-pak

Chris A

Name
Chris
looks good, I do think "green cleaning" would look better with some type of logo/picture to go with it (plant, kid, pet, whatever), that might give a mental picture to the client who may not be environmentally-aware. Is that considered first class postage?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
John Spezia said:
Your card looks cool.

One thing I don't understand is, why do guys put same day service on their advertisements??? I look at it as if you can clean my floor the same day I called you, you must be slow and you don't do quality work cause your not busy.

Only person who criticizes same day service is other cleaners. People love it

breathe72

I really like this card.

"Bridgepoint Stainologist" is my favorite part. i have never heard of a Stainologist, but makes good sense to me.

Seriously though, these are good colors and an overall sharp looking piece in my opinion.

We run a similar piece, similar pricing structure, only we do have a WHOLE HOUSE at 199.00 as well, that is very popular. The thing we have noticed is we get more calls for the higher priced coupons on our flier than for the lesser priced ones.

Its nice to walk in the door at 199.00, then include your add-ons if they want or require additional services.

I personally think you could fit at least two more coupons on this piece. "25% off Teflon Protectant with 3RM coupon"... or....."Add a room to any coupon for only $39.90" etc.

Wheres all the 100 dollar per room guys? I thought for sure we'd be hearing from the silk-stocking gang by now. lol

Thanks for sharing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no I wouldn't just charge $35. I ask the questions when people call and give the appropriate response. On the bottom of the one that is going out it says some restrictions apply

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
I would consider using the wording "same day service available." This let's the customer know that you offer it, but hints that it might be at a premium.

Have you mailed one of these to yourself to see how the post office handles a piece this large? It seems to me that the unusual size would allow it to get a little more banged up and then bent in half, if not creased when they put it in the average mailbox. With as much money as these must cost to make, you might be losing a lot of "presentation points" by the time the customer actually sees it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
great points but I get this size card all he time from Bed, Bath and Beyond and a couple other places.

Some of the ideas people have left are going to be great on the next mailing but I needed to get this one out right away or my whole marketing plan would be askew

DevilDog

That is seriously one bad post card. That card looks like about every carpet cleaner post card I see.

You would be highly advised to contact Wayne Miller.

DevilDog

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was having someone else do it, but I had to take over after it had no resmblence to my other marketing. So to get it out I only had about an hour to throw it together. That is why all the input is great because I can fine tune it before my next mailing in 2 -3 weeks

Gary T

I went through the same crap.

I made my own pieces and my returns dropped dramatically. It looked like A complete amateur did it(completely true). It looked like all the other stuff out there.

I have since found a professional graphics artist who actually listens to me and what I want. It was expensive at first, but making revisions to existing pieces(different cards for different occasions, etc) is very cheap and fast.

My returns have since gone way up and I am always getting compliments on all of my material.

I actually ran an ad on craigslist under creative gigs. Had to wade through a bunch of stuff but ended well.

DevilDog

Branding! Are you for real? You have got to be kidding.

Branding is some stupid shit taught in marketing 101.

For carpet cleaners it is about emotional direct response. Not some dumb ass rinky dink looking post card that looks like every yellow page ad you are going to see or every dumb ass cheap post card.

What about that shit postcard is going to make anyone call. They don't care about your dumb van.

Dude, you have a lot to learn.

DevilDog

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My income and my MBA says that I know more about branding than you ever will.

Greg I see you clean four areas for $99 with a SQ feet limit of 800sq feet. How do you do it so cheap and follow all the steps? Vacuuming prespray, grooming, extracting and have it dry in min and still have a vortex?

breathe72

Here we go.....

Greg, I know for a fact that what youre doing works.

So do you, which is why youre doing it.

The phone rings and rings and rings when these things hit the mailboxes. I know you know what I'm talking about. Its a blast.

These guys are starting in with the "I dont see how you can do it at those prices....blah blah blah"

Listen up people: get into our phonebook and call 5 cleaners. They'll all do 3 rooms for 100 bucks, more or less. It has nothing to do with that.

The ad piece is a call for action as well as a perception generator. The custy sees it and has made a decision about you. when they call, you simply continue to sell that perception. You do it all the way to the point of sale, and beyond collecting the check.

Do it over and over and over.

It is a good piece.

You are proud of it, which is one of the reasons I think you are posting it.

Just about everything can be improved upon.... So what?

Trust me on the whole house coupon, it is the most requested, and at 2 of those a day, plus the add-ons & immediate referrals, that piece will bring 20k in sales per month with one truck.

You will have to sell stairs, occasional upholstery, and protector.

For us, its all about making the phone ring. Once that happens, that customer is ours to keep. We have officially taken them off the market and away from our competitiors for good.

Many are orphan customers because the last company that came in and hit em for 650 bucks last year, will not be welcome back at those prices.

Oh, and no we dont market to the ghetto. We target specific zip codes, where we know the population, age-group, family size, and median income.

Just about every home we enter has a woman who is home all day, every day, baking cookies and calling the carpet cleaners/window cleaners, landscapers, and has a nanny.

Trust me, 99% of our customers would look at a company with suspicion if you were not in a uniform, wearing booties, holding a clipboard.

Oh, and by the way, your customer base grows ALOT off these things.

The gal behind the desk at our local distributor recently made some negative comment about cleaners who use coupons, etc. (as if she even knew) and I found that amusing, considering their biggest money-making day of the year is on 'Customer Appreciation Day', where they slash prices and hand out coupons like candy.

Oh, and its not just us coupon losers that show up. The 'me-so-important' guy$ come and stock-up as well.

There is a company in town (a pretty big one), TWO FULL PAGE yellow-page ads, and when you call the phone # you get this long recorded justification of why you should pay more money with them, and if you are 'only concerned with price' then this probably isnt the company for you, etc... All this BEFORE you even get to talk to a real person.

Im forever grateful for these types. Our coupons would not work were it not for the so-called 'high-end' boys who have no choice but to charge 100 per room, so they can pay for the $7,000 monthly ad.

No hacks here.

Gregs piece is a moneymaker.

Devil dog cant even post a pic on the internet, so I doubt he knows jack shit about marketing.

Wheres your ad piece, devildog? I bet it is a real warm, and inviting work of art, with nice high prices, right? You dumbass.

I showed my wife his pic and she said NO WAY would she let that dude in her home to clean carpets or anything else, lmao.

The trucker hat and the molestor mustache alone would get you thrown off my block.

Greg, I personally would not ask other cleaners what they thought of my ad. You arent marketing to them; they are going to be all over the place with different input anyway.

Show your wife. She is a woman, and she wont let you look like a fool.

That being said, your company name "X-treme" is a pretty masculine sounding name. I'd say you could find a way to introduce a soft and inviting tone to your brand, if you can even do it with the name 'X-treme'.

I guess I'm just a coupon pushing, emulsifier hack, who's phone wont stop ringing... What would I know?

Wheres my boy Paramount?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The reason I post it on a Carpet Cleaning BB is to get as much feedback as possible for the next revision. That was a great post, Thank You.

Ever since I started running my similar ads with lower prices my check averages went up and my daily sales more than doubled.

I get $2.50 a stair with an average of 17 stairs per home. I do a lot of oversize homes in my area with each house averaging (1) 350-400 sq ft room(22 cents a sq over 200). The some restrictions apply with this special if it needs to be vacuumed(I let them know when they call) that is $5 a room. I don't rush in and out I also leave them with a gift of all natural abonne products.

G

Greg Crowley said:
My income and my MBA says that I know more about branding than you ever will.

All this and both of you still hang out at the same place and you ask for FREE advice. YA alotta good that is! :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom