postcards and direct mail question

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I am getting ready to mail out my spring postcards. Does it matter what day of the week the customer gets them in terms of effectiveness?

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Where I live.....Tuesday is junkmail day. Most of the mail I receive on that day goes directly to the recycle bin. I send mine out on Wednesday or later.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I am going to put them in the mail box on Monday. This way they will get the postcards on Weds. So we will see what happens I'm sending out 250 postcards. I hope to get a 15% return. That would make me happy.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
I think towards the end of the week also but I believe that whats more important is the weather on a Monday which is typically the busiest booking day. Bad weather early in the week and they put it on the back burner. That's why they need a reminder in a month or so whether it's a newsletter or in your case another batch of postcards to the same list. ( especially if you get enough responses to cover your cost. Had my 1st postcards of the spring to new customers in town the 1st week of April ($30 off coupon, minimum charges apply) and have covered the cost already.
Location and the fact that we had our 9 month baby girl (wearing a company embroidered shirt on the front were the reasons they called.
Good luck with your campaign

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
250 cards aren't enough. I send out up to a thousand every 2 weeks plus my coupon flyer. I noticed if I bring them to the post office all at once I get more returned to me. So I drop 200 a day

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Jtuseo said:
I am going to put them in the mail box on Monday. This way they will get the postcards on Weds. So we will see what happens I'm sending out 250 postcards. I hope to get a 15% return. That would make me happy.

If you did it would be a miracle. The norm for direct marketing return is 2-3%. Then you still have to close the deal.

I firmly believe in concentrated marketing. You need to get focused on a targeted area and hit the same homes at least three times.

Hitting homes only one time is a waste of money.

Able 1

Name
Keith
i have done about 200,000 flyer's in 2 and a half years i do them to peoples paper boxes. Wednesday would be a good time for people to receive them because Thursday and Friday you will get the most calls, every time.

G

Flyer results

Maybe you guys have made a mistake on your results, when you say 2-3% that means 10-15 inquires for every thousand flyer's you mail out.

We have being mailing out flyer's for the cleaning side of our business, and we are lucky to achieve 0.03-0.04%, although this is a booked job amount not an inquire.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I agree,

2-3 percent is very optimistic. .05 percent is more realistic for 1 mailing to cold clients. Repeated mailings to the same group or mailing to warm clients can increase your odds.

Able 1

Name
Keith
do you guy's do the flyer's yourself or have someone do them.

flyer's are all timing and the numbers are deceiving.

right now if you put out flyer's you will get a great response.

G

Flyer results

Those results are when get our own teams of people and monitor them.
As soon as you put it into a newspaper or get some other method of distribution. the results drop even more. On a insert into a newspaper which is distributed free to every household in the neighborhood the results drop to .01 which equates to 1 confirmed booking in every thousand

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
my spring mailing is still sitting here. I get a hell of alot more than 2-3 percent. I was shooting for 500 a week mailed and I never even sent out the spring set that I had all set with postage almost 2 months ago. My last 2 postcards pulled atleast 10% and the last one is around 15%. The mailing list is important as well as the offer.

The BS about dating the postcard for a call to action fooey because if they are not going to use you by that date they are going to chuck it. They either need em cleaned or not. I am getting calls from my mailings in December and february. Consider putting this "deal never ends like the other other companies coupons."

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
John, You need to look at a more MULTI-STEP approach to direct mail.
One postcard does not tend to get great results.

All The Best, Rob

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My Boys and Girls Club card is aproaching 20% 600 hit the mail boxes and I have gotten over a 100 jobs from it

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I forget the number, but what is the percentage of people who actually get their carpets professionally cleaned?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Matt Murdock said:
My Boys and Girls Club card is aproaching 20% 600 hit the mail boxes and I have gotten over a 100 jobs from it

What is this Boys and Girls Club card that you are talking about?

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
27% sounds about right, of that most of the money invested tends to go to FRANCHISE companys, based on name recognition.

Dirk, Was that New on Previous Clients??
If New, Thats Amazing, Not Bad either Crowley!!

All The Best, Rob

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
all new and all parents, board of directors and volunteers of the B&G Club they give me the mailing list and I kick back 10% on the full purchase. My Logo and their Logo on the card saying 10% will be donated to the club

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Matt Murdock said:
all new and all parents, board of directors and volunteers of the B&G Club they give me the mailing list and I kick back 10% on the full purchase. My Logo and their Logo on the card saying 10% will be donated to the club

Thanks for the help.

DevilDog

Can't ya all see where Greggy is going with this? He wants to be the next marketing guru for carpet cleaners.

Dude, if that is your return rate then you should immediately get out of pushing a wand and start a marketing company.

Because those rates are f'n absurd. Only a brain dead newbie would believe in those rates!

Take your snake oil and go some where else.

ROTFLMAO! I will give you some credit, either you are just so stupid you don't realize we are onto your crap...or you have have a giant set of balls....like me.

DevilDog

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would never want to be a marketing guru. If you don't believe in selecting your audience and working them, well you should go sell chickens in a foreign land.

Just about everyone on the list has had a personal connection through me or one of my cheerleaders and they no they are going to get a great deal as well as help out a club that helps their children. It is a win-win-win for all of us. Me, the club and the customer

And by the way they are still coming in. I just booked a human services company, all their group homes from the President of the local Boys & Girls Club.

I give a ton of money locally and I do a ton for The B&G Club and since my giant sign is in there window all the parents, volunteers and workers know who to call.

I just donated $800.00 in water bottles, $150.00 hole sponsorship for Golf tourney, $150.00 Dave Matthews Band 23rd row tickets and $200.00 towards a flat screen TV and ($600.00) a foursome for the tourney because they have been so good to me. In each water bottle is all my info and a thank you from the B&G Club for my generosity with a recommendation to use me.

Good people get, maybe thats why it doesn't work for you

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I do like Greg's Hub Marketing Approach to his Client Base,
and charitable ventures.Reciprocity at its best!!

PS, as far as direct mail, it's not the quantity, it's the quality of Prospects!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom