Potential Problem on my Blower

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have the 6008 blower and lube it as recommended every 50 hours. The last 2 times I serviced it I noticed the main grease weep hole does not weep but the grease is coming out around the pulley when full. I took the weep fitting off just to check that it was funtioning and everything seems ok with it. I reinstalled it and filled it up and again the grease came out around the front. So you guys with more experience what am I experiencing here? I want to head off a future problem.

Thanks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what are we talking about.."weep hole fittings "........????..do you have lines on the holes to divert the grease away from the belts.....if so.....take them off and blow them out real good and make sure they are 100 % clear.....when you are pumping in the grease it is going to go to the weakest point and if the hole....( or lines ) ...are even a little plugged then it will blow a seal........there is a little trick that you can try if the seal is still in good shape and not all chewed up....a lot of times when the holes get plugged all it does is invert the inter part of the seal where the spring is.....if you are careful you can normally just push it back into place....same goes if all you did was blow a dust cover from a bearing...just clean it up and push it back into place....we use to do this all the time on motor and gear box seals when they would do that..........worth a try...you don't have nothing to lose..if it don't work you are going to have to replace it anyway.........

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
there is a little trick that you can try if the seal is still in good shape and not all chewed up....a lot of times when the holes get plugged all it does is invert the inter part of the seal where the spring is.....if you are careful you can normally just push it back into place

Not exactly sure what you mean here, I did take it off and checked and the plunger or ball thing seemed to work just fine. I guess I didn't clean it out good enough to recognize if there was an inter part of the seal that was turned around.

same goes if all you did was blow a dust cover from a bearing...just clean it up and push it back into place

This seems more like the problem, so I will try to clean it up and press the cover back into place. I have to get the blower manual out and try to figure out what exactly the heck I am doing. I have probably greased it to fast at some point.

Thanks all,

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the weep holes would be at the bottom of the blower...when you grease the blower on the zerk fitting ..................( on top ).....the extra grease will come out the holes to relieve the pressure of the grease....there should be nothing in the holes..unless you screwed a line in then to divert the grease away from the blower belts.....other then that there is nothing in the holes..if they get blocked up for some reason then the grease pressure will blow out the seal or dust cover

100_3981.jpg

100_4065.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom