Powder VS Liqiud Chems

What do you prefer?

• Total voters

ErikG

What are most of you using, Powered or Liquid. Im using powered prespray and its working out well And liquid for my fiber rinse and powered for my greesy jobs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If I recall right, Dr Aziz said powdered chems are more effective for detergents

he told the reason powders can be made more effective than liquids, but i can't recall way.

Probably cause it was over my hEd anyway

we've found in general, powders to be more cost effective.
Also, no freeze concerns in winter stocking.

The greatest advantage to liquids, are the ease of mixing

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Water DOES tend ta mix better than a buffer or filler......which is present in powder!
That sED...i still prefer powder.....

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I dont really know if powder in and of itself is better but i do know that the best presprays i have ever used are powders. And I use them almost exclusively.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I prefer powders. I dislike the inevitable sticky drips and spills in the truck. And powders are generally more economical. Liquid are more expensive to ship. Both should be stirred.

My current primary chemistry system is Judson (liquid).

HEY LES: How about powdered versions?

John Watson

Very few powders on my truck, I would not mind using them again if they disolved the way Judson's Booster does, Very fast and very thourgh

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The differences between Powders and Liquids can be characterized by:

the components that are compatible in each type of formulation.

We have been shifting more to Powder formulations for H.D. Presprays.

Powders are better suited for:

1. Oxidizers like Percarbonate - you can have a higher percentage

2. Pure Enzymes - now available that can co-exist with oxidizers

3. Builders - Most are in powder form

Solvents like d-Limonene and surfactants can be absorbed into specialized powders.

Liquids are better suited for:

1. Solvents - quickest grease-cutting ability

2. Surfactants - higher percentages are feasible

Builders can be utilized in more limited quantities.

Oxidizers are generally not stable in high pH liquids.

Customers have shifted more to powders due to built-in oxidizers, which also allow the same carpet prespray to be used for grout cleaning.

Larry Cobb

P. S. Green products are typically formulated more as liquids with today's requirements.

Greenie

I think the average liquid isn't as concentrated as the average powder, so most see powders as more economical, but I crunched the numbers and this is not true of Judson's line, as for shipping an 8lb gallon isn't much heavier than a 7lb jar of powder, so the shipping is nominal.

In the end you either like to scoop, or like to pour, I personally hated mixing powders, there are very few that mix easily and completely.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Greenie said:
I think the average liquid isn't as concentrated as the average powder, so most see powders as more economical, but I crunched the numbers and this is not true of Judson's line, as for shipping an 8lb gallon isn't much heavier than a 7lb jar of powder, so the shipping is nominal.

In the end you either like to scoop, or like to pour, I personally hated mixing powders, there are very few that mix easily and completely.

I don't know about Judson's stuff, but many liquid detergents are a quart per 5 gallon of water in the concentrate jug.
You get a lot more then that from a 7 pound concentrate powder.
In other words you are paying for shipping water.

Also, don't know what is the big deal about dissolving it. Cripes! Mix it in hot water and exercise a little bit of patience and it dissolves great.
That patience will also serve one quite well in life.

But that is a whole new subject.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Greenie said:

I have actually never used a powdered prespray except for power burst (used blitz for a week)and I can get alot of hydroforces out of those maybe $5.00 per (not like my UP) never really kept track but those jugs (3.5) last a while.

Keith

Name
George Valliant
I can throw one 44 lbs pail of powdered pre-spray in the van that will last all month. If I were using gallon jugs of liquid I’d have to toss empties away every day and remember to stock the van every week. Besides, I agree that powder is more cost effective.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom