Powerful Porty Mod almost complete

ErikG

I have a Recoil and installed the new efficient lamb motors. I have 3 motors , 3 stack pipes , 2 inch hose ,= Alot of f'n power. I know some of you dont like portys for runing long lenth od hose. I have 150 on a wheel and has a ton of suction, No booster needed. lmb2a 115 cfm x3 345 cfm 11 hg .

Steve Smith

Sounds like a stout machine.

How many cords are you using, one for each vac motor?

Are the stacks 1.5"?

Post some pics.

ErikG

2 cords ran for over a hour at my house , did not pop any breakers. No pics there is sea of hoses under the tanks

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
So you have them all in parallel to produce higher CFMs but lower HG?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Got a pic...

i have another "frame" from a HP porty, and i am thinking of adding some "stuff" to make it a porty...

ErikG

Terry took a video of my other porty w/ 700 cfm last week , I run that mytee in paarellel with my recoil I now have 1000 cfm . Dont mind the duct tape it works .

All jokes aside I have 3 motors like the original set up but more air watts and 45 cfm more ... All that I cant tell you 150 ft of hose no problem 2 ht propane "Smokin Carpets" Im at 200 all day 2 20 amp circuits did not pop after a hour of testing.

Ryan

What are you going to do in houses with only 15 amp circuits?

ErikG

I will run off my generator duahh ...... I clean mostly apartments and empty rentals. Alot of times I use the generator when some people ask for truck mount, I just avoid saying TM , I say I have equipment that I run hoses inside the van to your home and I have 70 gallons of water and my own power. I have really good suction and 150 and the carpets are smokn from propane heat. They do not say anything about equipment after they see smoke coming from wand

Ryan

Sounds like a lot of trouble when you can get a nice used TM for 5-8k.

ErikG

I found a wheel for and solution, recoil, Floor machine, chemicals, wand for 2,000 cash from a kid 50 miles from me. I used to have a power flite. I cant get finaced for tm. sO MY PORTY AND ITS UPGRADES ARE FINE. I have my house paid for and just had to by a car to get more revolving credit. I have another house on the water that is paid for. UI tried putting titiles up to the bank and they were not interested. So I ll save my pennies and get a tm next year. Also i can turn a motor off if I pop breakers. Most apartments power is on , but not all the time. So pushing the porty is ok for now. My partner just bought A TM ,I tried to have hoim co for me but he is over extended.

Ryan

What does you house being paid for have to do with anything? I paid cash for my TM and van and I'm 19.

If you can do a good job with a portable that's great. I was just wondering why you put so much effort into making it have the power of a TM. I guess now I know lol.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you have 2 houses paid for and cant get a loan for 10k??

something smells

ErikG

Part 1

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid439.photobucket.com/albums/qq116/Zpride/74f547dd.mp4">

Part 2
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid439.photobucket.com/albums/qq116/Zpride/96349920.mp4">

Name
John LaBarbera
ErikG said:
2 cords ran for over a hour at my house , did not pop any breakers. No pics there is sea of hoses under the tanks

Sounds very powerful, nice. Do you have an amp meter? It may be a good idea just to measure your amp draw and compare it to the motor specs sheet. If you restrict the exhaust of the vacuums they will draw less amps but you will be reducing your cfm proportionally. You can measure the cfm by looking at the power curve on the motor spec sheet and by comparing it to the amp meter reading. When the 115 cfm/144" lift motors are operating at free flow the amp draw should be around 12/13 amps per motor. Two motors on a cord would draw between 24 to 26 amps. If it is drawing less than that, the air flow (cfm) is being restricted somehow. Never-the-less those are great motors so you should be very happy.

ErikG

Those were empty tanks,I have a 20 ft whip that the tank normally sits in a garage or shaded area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom