Powermax dilution ratio for tile? Hows it work?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Have some pretty bad ceramic tile/grout to clean tomorrow kitchen, foyer, etc...

Thinking about using some of Larry's Powermax on it. Wondering how many oz per gallon for tile?

Would a water rinse be sufficient? I know certain viper products I use require rinsing with another product. Viper renew then viper venom, something like that...

Thankssssss

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good grief.

Anyway ... back in the land of the cognitive, we mix it anywhere from 2 to 8 oz's per gallon. Water rinse.

If it's a subway tile bathroom, vct stripper or an acid restorer will often work better.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Just mix it heavy at 1.5 cups to a 5qt hydro force and go to town.

If it is really bad. After prespraying with pm let dwell for a few minutes and take a grout brush and just run up each lines just once, you shouldn't need to scrubb the lines, this is just to allow the powermax access to some of the grime under the first level of grime while increasing your odds that you have to go acidic and clean again.

We use a crb and just do a quick hit on the grout lines as I am not a fan of having I clean something twice.

Again after prespray application, let dwell a few minutes and use a grout brush tool and just run it the full length of lines and turbo it off, get your money and get out of there.

Reactions: Russ T. and jcooper
Name
Lee Stockwell
Good grief.

Anyway ... back in the land of the cognitive, we mix it anywhere from 2 to 8 oz's per gallon. Water rinse.

If it's a subway tile bathroom, vct stripper or an acid restorer will often work better.
I didn't believe it either. Jason proved it to me 9 or 10 years ago. He said "just do it, don't tell me why you think it won't work".

He was right. It simplified production and cleaned great.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
For expediency on tile during the turns we just sprinkle it on and hit it with the Turbo hybrid. We do a tiled entry and hall in under 2 minutes. Works great. Last two years have used Prochem Dry Slurry exactly the same.

Lee can you make a video next time you do this as I would like to see th magic and if it works like you say, I want to know why and how.

Mikey P

Administrator
Flex and most any other strong carpet prespray will work great on tile and grout.

If in doubt boost with two ounces of vct stripper per gallon, and scrub more.

Reactions: dealtimeman

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That is why we like powermax for tile it has a good bit of brightner already in it.

I will say for really greasy we just hit it with flex. Rinse with water.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We tried Powermax on tile but the spinner kept getting clogged with scoops.

Lol....Sssssssss.

I thought it(powermax)knocked it outta the park today! The grout was never sealed(dumb) and was grey/nasty every where. I normally have to do way more scrubbing, with other "well known" products.

I did boost it with a little floor stripper(thanks Mike) and some powdered citrus solvent.

Throw on some of that(super easy) solvent sealer when done.... Went very well today, thanks Larry!

P1060406.JPG P1060408.JPG

Turned out great!
P1060415.JPG P1060413.JPG

At least I'll save money on tile cleaning products! Don't need um...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Wow powermax is so versitle!!!!!!

Some sprinkle it Onto the tile and it cleans like magic, most guys use it for tile and grout, and now there are dissolvable chem pucks.

Wow this is awesome!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
The reality is the need for all these different chemicals is sort of silly. An owner op can take a mild use prespray and some solvent and 02 boosters to make just about any pre spray work for tile and grout, and Olefin, and micro fibers, and restaurants and vct and..

The whole breakdown of chemicals into different applications is more valuable for numbnut technicians and larry lunchpail types who follow Larry's 8 ounce per gallon instructions.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The reality is the need for all these different chemicals is sort of silly.

Prochem alone probably has over 15 pre sprays! JD has 10 different flavors of their own deodorizer. Even Rick G has like what? 7-8 different encap products....

Who ever make the Viper tile products comes out with something every month(seems like it).

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom