Pre heating fresh water tank

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Quite a while back I believe Shawn York talked about a way that Vortex used in some early models. He talked about putting a coil of radiator hose down inside the freshie tank. They also installed a thermostat somewhere in the system. I'm wanting to do the same thing but need some clarification. I have tried doing a search here but have not been able to come up with his post. Does anyone have any knowledge of this or a way I can contact him?

Farenheit251

You also need to check your pump to see what temp it can handle and make sure you can control it below that. Some can take high temps but if your unit wasn't designed to pump hot it is doubtful the manufacturer spent the money for a hot water pump.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Brian, My pump can handle the temp. The Victory is manufactured with a blower heat exchanger to preheat the water before it goes to the mix tank. There was so much restriction that I could not keep belts on it so I have opened up the plumbing on it to increase vacuum(which I am very happy with), but now it will not keep up as well with the heat.

Advclean, I still don't think I understand the flow diagram. Any chance you could draw one up for me? Thanks, Shane

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Thanks Fredrick, That's what I was looking for. My unit is in an 03 GMC with a 6 litre. Is there any problem reducing the hose diameter out of the t-stat to the exchanger?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom