Pre scrub with an OP machine...

I recently purchased one of John G machines (used) and anybody have a ideas for prescrub besides me using a cleaning pad? I wanted to try a red scrub pad but was a afraid it was to much strain on da motor....also been suggested to use a green pad with stripes. Im looking for more ideas ...if there is any....lol THX

Try a tuway pad, works great and gentle on fibers. A fiber plus pad for rat trashed carpet will bring it back to life. Or pre scrub with a glad pad to remove lots of soil and stains as well as agitate prior to extraction, allows for 1 pass cleaning most of the time.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the green striped scrub bonnets don't work so well on a shake 'N shine machine, Curt
here's why I think that is....
the two pieces of material are only stitched together around the perimeter .
The top part (on the pad holder) holds and shakes plenty fine, but it slips/slides on top of the mated piece that's on the carpet ...it doesn't transfer the orbits to carpet

You need pads/bonnets that are stitched together length wise .

we've used VCT pads under our OP (a John G Conqueror)
The motor is more than strong enough to handle them with no bog
Matter of fact, the 100% cotton pads put more strain on the motor and have more "grab" than VCT pads .

Red pads are the most aggressive we've used with ours.
they're a breeze to run compared to cotton pads.

OP will "pill" a VCT pad ("pill" as in like some poly upl fabric gets these little "pills balls" of twisted fabric with wear)
But it will scrub fine... not as good, nor as fast as under a rotary IMO, but if room for only one machine in the van, the shake 'n shine will get it done

..L.T.A.

dgargan

John also sells an encap brush for his machines that work great for scrubbing . Atleast he had them for his old blue machines. I'd check with him to see if he still sells them

A

amazingcleansc

brushes dont work quite like pads. I dont have an op but i can tell you my cimex brushes dont work like the pads at all. :?

Scott Rogers

White or tan vct pads work fine, red pads are too aggressive for residential and fall apart too fast on commercial

For more delicate fibers or not trashed carpets the Tuway pads do a very good job without being overly aggresive

Name
Lee Stockwell
Why doesn't John Geurkink help on these OP carpet cleaning threads? He only posts on political and religious threads.

He could be just as polarizing here :-)

Lee

Scott Rogers

Guerkink's problem is he refuses to admit the system has limitations. This makes everything he says on the subject open to scrutiny, as with any other salesman.

One of the things I respect of Rick. He freely admits the Cimex and OP machines he sells are just tools and may not be the best one for every job.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've prescrubbed hundreds of jobs with my 17" Brute op.

Tuway pads for most residential. Gentle, but effective. Think I got them from Cobb's years ago. They really hold up.

Green-stripe for more agressive scrub than Tuways. Also very durable. Get them from a janitorial supply.

I don't use fiber pads anymore. They abrade the Velcro on the driver, especially pilled pads will dig holes into the Velcro.

I think green-stripe pads scrub as well as red or green fiber pads, are much more durable, and don't destroy the Velcro.

Grant D

I don't know which machine you have... I think the tuways will run pretty well on the brute and e-z glide models, but not so well on the commercial breeze model. That's what I have and it doesn't run well with anything thicker than a glad pad. If you have a wheels on the ground model and are just thinking for pre-scrub a tuway would be a great choice I agree. If thinking of post-padding for add'l soil removal and some drying, maybe try the gladiator pads possibly with a glider.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Personally I like Tuway Thin-one bonnets for pre scrubbing... They pick up a fair amount of soil but don't absorb all your prespray. If it's extra trashed I'll use an ice blue burnishing pad followed by a Tuway, followed by Snakeskins/Gladiators or a wand as deemed nessacary.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
meAt said:
OP will "pill" a VCT pad ("pill" as in like some poly upl fabric gets these little "pills balls" of twisted fabric with wear)
But it will scrub fine... not as good, nor as fast as under a rotary IMO, but if room for only one machine in the van, the shake 'n shine will get it done

..L.T.A.

Isn't it Nylon Upholstery that has pilling ? Can you believe people will actually pay you to shave the pilling off. :shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Isn't it Nylon Upholstery that has pilling ?

hell, i donno
i just clean the chit

and we'll give 'em a shave AND a hair cut if they pay me
and a splash of Aqua Velva thrown in for FREE.... :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
meAt said:
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Isn't it Nylon Upholstery that has pilling ?

and we'll give 'em a shave AND a hair cut if they pay me
and a splash of Aqua Velva thrown in for FREE.... :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Now, that certainly dates you my friend.
You are not a spring chicken are you?
:lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kolfer1 said:
Now, that certainly dates you my friend.
You are not a spring chicken are you?

LOL Ofer!

remember Brill Cream?.."just a little dab'll do ya"
i HATED that crap..
fortunately, mom only gunked up our hair with that goop on school picture day....

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Luckily for us my Mom stayed away from that stuff.
She was more worried about us crossing the street by ourselves.

Hey, How much extra $$ for an dash of "Old Spice'?

kolfer1 said:
DevilThomas said:
I use an OP machine as my primary source of agitation.
I thought your primary source of agitation was WarMonger. :D

I think it was... "I was his primary source of agitation"...poor Warbaby kept flipping out...:lol: ...but for my part I have been mostly staying out of Politics and Religion lately... :wink:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
DevilThomas said:
kolfer1 said:
DevilThomas said:
I use an OP machine as my primary source of agitation.
I thought your primary source of agitation was WarMonger. :D

I think it was... "I was his primary source of agitation"...poor Warbaby kept flipping out...:lol: ...but for my part I have been mostly staying out of Politics and Religion lately... :wink:

Dang, so now you leave me all by myself.
The last of the non religious bleeding heart liberals on this board! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now, is that a good religious thing to do? thathurts

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom