Preparing the sale

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think that while you're in a home and "mention" what you are selling......If it's something the homeowner Wants, needs or is excited about....You only have to mention it.

I've found there are 2 reactions to sales while in the home

1. "Wow, really? You offer that? I think I need that because____ ___ ___. Lets do it."
Or...Just that interest that comes with them already knowing they need the "effect" of what you just mentioned.

OR

2. "No thanks"

The key is to get them thinking (if they haven't already) about what you are going to mention.

Let's use protectant as an example.

You/Me ..."This carpet looks like it should clean up well. Sometimes it just depends on whether or not the stain resistence is still present. Most carpet has a stain resistence applied at the manufacturer but it wears down over time from foot traffic, vacuuming and periodic cleaning".

Just get them thinking about it helps before you ask.

Don't sell on the phone.....But ask questions like, "Do you remember if the last cleaner re-applied the factory stain resistence?"

I really don't like to ask too many questions over the phone...But if you're going to "sell" one thing....That would be it.

Pre-Arrival Emails....You can also mention something like "While we do our absolute best to bring your carpet back to new, some stains may be permanent. This will usually depend on the type of stain and whether or not your carpet still has the factory applied stain resistence or if the last cleaner re-applied the factory stain resistence."

Little things to get their minds thinking of it WITHOUT being sold on it just yet.

Experts say someone has to hear something 3 times before they are sold on it.....I've heard the 9 time version as well.

Mention it on the phone, email, when you pre-inspect the carpet and then let them know that you offer it as the final sales approach.

This can be done with pretty much anything.

Good luck.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
8) Good Advice.

So, If I were to sell weight loss shakes I would say something like:

Did you know life expectancy drops 2 years for every BMI point above your ideal weight?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
8) Good Advice.

So, If I were to sell weight loss shakes I would say something like:

Did you know life expectancy drops 2 years for every BMI point above your ideal weight?

Awesome! Can I use that?? Oh, wait....Is it true? :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom