Prescrub pad colors

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It it safe to ass-ume that all floor pads,

rotary-machine-floor-pads-17-_300x300_70_2138.jpg

regardless of manufacturer, are exactly the same "grit" if the color is the same?

It seems color is the only spec to go by.

Are the pads available at home depot the same as anything you would get from a carpet supplier, and can you assume the color ranking system is universal?

Name
Lee Stockwell
NO

Some pads also have abrasive particles as well. General rule of thumb white pads are softest, followed by various tan pads. Black is usually most aggressive, although there are some purple or violet ones close to black.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ok.

I guess I would be safe in relying on colors alone if I was obtaining them from a carpet cleaning supplier, but I want to pick up some to use this weekend, and I am trying to pick up some locally, like maybe Home Depot, so I am concerned if they are the same, and finding that there are really no other available specs to help determine how similar they are.
Anyone use ones from HD in a jam?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
while it wont help for this weekend....

you wont beat these prices.....granted there is a min order....but if you can pony the money...or get a few other local to chip in

http://bufferpads.com/

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The color ones from home cheapo tend to bleed.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
CLyde my man, what is up????

you got a sniffer out there or what??? When you see your name on a site

P

Pokeemon

Nope, just noticed I have gotten a few hits form the prior post and the sever is down. You know the gig, try not to loose anything.

Good to hear from you. Hope business is booming in UT.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Pokeemon said:
Nope, just noticed I have gotten a few hits form the prior post and the sever is down. You know the gig, try not to loose anything.

Good to hear from you. Hope business is booming in UT.

Not the buffing side....still plenty of scrubs and strips....now a lot of the biz is carpets to....

I will be getting some 27s here before to long...still using up my excess 24s from when i lost FD...

P

Pokeemon

I guess we will all have to get into politics, seems to be more money there than any where. Give it another month or so and these high gas prices will wreck what business is out there. You will not be able to aford to get to it. UPS, Fedex and the freight carriers keep jack up the prices. One think about it if you're pushing a buffer down the road to a job, you will not have to worry about being run over by a vehicle. Oh don't forget your sleeping bag.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I could deal with the dingleberries I guess. Do these Norton red pads need to be broken in on concrete?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom