Prescrubbers, What to use?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a heavy 175 one of the cast Mercurys. I am doing an office tonight that is trashed(normally don't do nights but he is in my BNI). Do I use the polish pad? and should I worry about pulling the carpet at all or am I better off just rotovacing?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Greg - You did not state what kind of fiber. Watch out for any staple fibers with that heavy machine. It is very easy to make things fuzzy if you don't have sufficient lubrication.

You can use a white or beige pad with normal lubrication on shorter pile carpet. Some use red pads on heavily soiled carpet, but I would suggest that for more experienced users.

A good carpet brush - .022 nylon fill for example- is better and safe for the deeper piled carpets.

Be sure you have good lubrication, no matter what pad or brush you select.

Scott Warrington

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was going with a heavy prespray of Ultrapac and Orange Magic and was going to use the white pad, but I do have a brush for the heavy beast is that what would be sugeested. It is CGD short fiber cut.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
It has been several years since I used a rotary to prescrub. My personal preference is for the brush, but I know some cleaners who would disagree.

Be sure to break in the brush if it is new. Run it on rough concrete for 10 minutes or so.

Scott Warrington

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Scott,

Do you think a ProCaps unit would be better at safe agitation than a rotary, and even do a better job? Is the shampoo tank appropriate for prespray?

mp17d_lg.jpg

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
When breaking in a brush on concrete do you use any water or lubrication? I assume this done on a brush finish concrete and not a smooth finish?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a host liberator but wanted to be more aggressive and heard Dan P and Mikey and others prescrub with a pad and their 175

hogjowl

Idiot™
Shawn:
I argued with Mikey once and took the stance that my GLS was better at prescrubbing than a 175 rotary, and believed I was right; however, I wasn't. My GLS whet down on me one day and I loaded my 175 in the van, along with the brush Scott was referring to, and learned the error of my ways.

The concept is wonderful, but in reality it doesn't do as good of a job. I think the lighter weight has much to do with that.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Shane T said:
When breaking in a brush on concrete do you use any water or lubrication? I assume this done on a brush finish concrete and not a smooth finish?

Yes, brush finish concrete. No lubrication during the break-in run.

I would also agree with Marty that a brush can out scrub the Procaps machine. Intending to take nothing away from Procaps. It is a nice machine. But the weight of a cast metal rotary will force the brush to apply some serious agitation.

Scott Warrington

diamond brian

Hey Greg. The Rotovac is not at all useful on CGD.

Ditto on plenty of moisture, and you can bungee a 25# plate on top of the motor housing or two for more agitation.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have used the Rotovac on commercial glue down plenty and it has come out great. I just used my 175 which has gotta weight 80lbs easy with the scrubber and HOLY SHIT, that is by far the best carpet cleaning job I ever did. BTW Prescrubbing broke my love for my rotovac

I emailed the guy a couple times to let him know I wasn't sure how much better the carpets would be with all the damage that has already been down. Tonight vac, presprayed heavy and scrubbed and the wanded it looks unbelievable I have a waste tank full of mud

Shawn I have a host liberator and prescrubbed with that a few times and that wouldn't even come close to what I did tonight. I am a believer and now I am going to be a prescrubbing fool, instead of just a fool

Supersucker

Sounds like you knocked your own socks off, congrats! I like the 175 on cgd, saves a lot of strokes, mine has a tank as well so no need to get the sprayer out. Remember you can also throw down a bonnet & go over anything that might wick as soon as you're done steaming.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
now that some folks have figured something out by actual side by side comparing...

tell me how hard it is to take a hand full of different VCT pads, bonnets and brush and compare on a trashed com??

are some ya'll too damn lazy or just too damn stOOpit to figure anything out for yourself? :roll:

it ain't like this is rocket science, for crying out loud..

..L.T.A.

steve r

i have been using my 175 on cgd for a few jobs now and am very happy with the results using the fiberplus pads but i will say when i had real bad traffic lane wear the only thing that really worked in restoring that was my
certified pile lifter.it was like night and day.
it would take way to long for my prices to do an entire job that way though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom