Prespray - Hot or cold

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
For those of you with multisprayers do you feel that the lack hot solution makes any difference in the chemicals effectiveness? My HM cds usually runs too hot to make a hydroforce siphon reliably and I'm wondering if connecting another line to my cat pump and bypassing the heat exchanger is a solution.

Bryan Irvin

TACT=Temp, Agitation, Chemical, Time...Reducing any of these would require more of the others to effectively clean so yes, heat is very important. I also run a HM CDS, and I mix my chems with hot water from my machine, and apply with a battery sprayer. What RPM's do you run your CDS at? I currently run mine at 2k, but I'm curious if I can go higher without harming anything.

Bryan

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I have a sutorbilt 4ml blower which is rated for 3050 max rpms. My blowers driven one to one by the clutch drive . I try to run mine about 2800 rpm but I think my vac pods are getting a bit old as rpms tend to fluctuate a bit.

Bryan Irvin

I'm not sure what blower I have. Its a 1999 HM 4.7 CDS. I not real mechanically inclined, that's why I bought a direct drive, so any helpful info is greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
have you ever felt the pre-spray when it hits the fiber?

It might be 175 degrees when it leaves the jet, (and most of you aren't even getting that out of that single jet) but it's no way near that temp when it hits the fiber.

Feel the fiber 10 seconds after it's been sprayed.

Does hot pre-spray make a difference over luke warm?
Minimal at best imHo.
Cause they're both pretty close to luke warm when they hit the fiber

However, we always mix our powders with hot water cause they mix/dissolve better.

...L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom