prespraying

how do tell when using the hydroforce to apply ps is too much. when facing a trashed carpet do you apply enough to almost painting the carpet or just mist and rely on dwell time and aggitation to do the rest, question is what is the proper ps application to your cleaning whether it's trashed or lightly soiled.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
As a starting point, apply about 1 gallon of ready to use prespray for every 250 sq. ft. Put more down for heavier soiled carpet or thicker carpet or less down for low pile carpet. You can get up to 400 sq. ft. with a gallon.

Be sure to apply enough that the carpet does not dry out before you rinse and extract.

The carpet should be evenly damp, but you don't want prespray dripping down the fibers to the backing.

You can measure out an area on your driveway or lawn and spray water to get the feel of how far a gallon goes.

If you have the high pressure Hydroforce it is calibrated at about 250 PSI. If you use more pressure, you have to move faster to avoid over-applying the prespray.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Scott's right, you don't want to put so much down you're flooding the carpet and forcing the soil into the backing of the carpet.

How do you tell how much to put down? In a word; experience. Because the inline sprayers are adjustable via the tip at the top of the inlet hose it is impossible to say how much of a full sprayer you should spray down. In short it is easy to put down too much and just as easy to put down not enough. With that said it I taught my techs (back when I had them that is) that they should be swinging the spray wand side to side at about two to four seconds depending on how dirty the carpet was. Now that is with my sprayers adjusted the way I liked them your timing may vary but it is a good place to start.

Bob Foster

So how do you prespray a couch with a hydroforce?

Just kidding... :lol:

But yeah I've done it many times on restaurant chairs 50-60 at a time too. Call me a hack if you want, IDGAS. They come out great!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
When in doubt if you applied too much, follow with extra rinse and dry passes as well. It will work. Unless you way over wet it.

Dwell time and agitation, in this business, is a forgotten art.
Less (reliance on heavy chemical use) is more (as in better.)

Bob Foster

For using a HF on chairs you have to be careful not to get sloppy with the wand. I have the pressure turned way down which you need to do when cleaning upholstery anyway. If you have to knock of 100 or so chairs it can be very efficient. Spray them out, scrub as required and extract. One of the advantages to this method is you can wipe down the wood as well which they appreciate. If I had a helper I would do it a little different.

As far as covering the floor with nasties I would say that I am about the same coverage per square that Scott was talking about. I generally spray all areas in a house and don't skip what appears to be clean areas even on the cleanest ones. I know some guys will not even prespay these areas, especially those who run an emulsifier rinse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom