Pressure drop when keying the wand.

Lonny

Supportive Member
So, my pressure gauge when keying the wand -it drops to 100 psi no matter what I have it set to. Is this normal? I have a portable Galaxy pro by EDIC 500 psi pump. It has done this since it was new, and I haven't had it that long- only about two months now.
Thanks!

MikeD00019

when you key any wand on any machine it takes the pressure away from the gauge. so yes its normal.

G

My Galaxy Pro Does drop initially; but recovers. Are you using a double nozzled wand?? It also may drop because of the EDIC Heater; it takes a while for flow to catch up after hot water is released. Check the water supply filter in tank and if your machine has an inline filter to the pump. Does it do it with a Power Mate that has only 1 nozzle. May wanna switch to a Powermate for pile carpet and a single jet wand for commercial; you may get better pressure.

Try an in line guage adjusting pressure(take all the way down then up incrementally) to see if it says same; if not you may just wanna change the guage( I recommend to disconnect it and replace with an in line pressure guage).

Lonny

Supportive Member
Thanks all-I will have to check, and see if it is inline, but i doubt it is.

Raedan

What size jets are you running. Too big an orifice and you'll loose pressure. Pumptec pumps will get 500 psi with no bigger than .02 flow I believe. If you have a Pumptec go to there website they have a chart for orifice size and pressure.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
clean your filters

when you key any wand on any machine it takes the pressure away from the gauge. so yes its normal.
when you key any wand on any machine it takes the pressure away from the gauge. so yes its normal

losing that much pressure isn't normal

Lonny

Supportive Member
Tips are 11003's, stainless. The filters are clean. But wouldn't i lose more pressure with less resistance? If they were dirty it would seem that more pressure would build in the line, not less.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Lonny you should have brought this up when you was here. Drop down to 11002 and you'll probably only see 25-50 psi drop. If you don't have 11002's call me and i'll send you some.

Raedan

Dual jet wand you might need to go to 01. Sad but that's the way they work.

Joe

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
When a significant drop in pressure happens with my pumptec (water otter), it's usually one of the springs in the seals that broke. Sometimes a piece ends up in the unloader. Check your seals.

Albert

Greenie

Don't panic.

not all "500psi" pumps and pump configurations are created equal.

If you have sufficent pressure and flow to rinse quickly, then ignore the gauge for now, and continue to march.

We have a pump done to GreenGlides specs for out high perf. porty, it'll show 500psi static if not more, but once you hook up a 4 jet Greenhorn it drops to 275-300psi Dynamic pressure, but let me tell you that is an impressive display coming out of those jets.

It's very likely you have a smaller motor and smaller output cam on your "500psi" configuration, plumbing also plays a roll.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom