Pressure Issues

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Ok guys I need some help. Today after driving around in the slop we have here in the north east I went to rinse my truck off before I pulled it back into the shop. As I went to crank up my pressure to spray it off my pressure would only climb to 600 psi. Normally I can hit 12-1300 easy, but this time it peaked at 600. Thoughts as to what the culprit might be? I haven't had a chance to look into it yet but figured I'd post here quick in hopes that somebody might point me in the right direction.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Its a white magic pro 1900. Ill double check the bypass but normally if thats open it wont pull even 350 psi

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
While I havent had the time to figure out why yet I figured out my problem. I had unhooked my solution reel the other day when I was changing out a fitting and when I put it back on I put it on the other output on the front of my machine,my machine has 2. Well for whatever reason the one output will only allow 600 psi where as the other will go to 13 or 1400.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
While I havent had the time to figure out why yet I figured out my problem. I had unhooked my solution reel the other day when I was changing out a fitting and when I put it back on I put it on the other output on the front of my machine,my machine has 2. Well for whatever reason the one output will only allow 600 psi where as the other will go to 13 or 1400.

I am guessing but it does sound like you are plugged up somewhere...and it could be right at a joint....

It sounds like a good descaling might be in order of have to search where plugged and unplug

Reactions: dgardner

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I was thinking the same thing. Especially if you don't normally use that outlet it could be plugged up with sediment and or scale.

J

JS41035

Just to be clear. You were only able to crank the pressure up to 600 psi on the gauge.?Or were you guessing at the pressure at the wand. If the gauge would only show 600 psi that would not have anything to do with a clogged QC.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Yes the pressure on the guage would not go above 600 when connected to the one outlet while the other one shows full pressure on the gauge.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Interesting. According to the manual the two solution outlets are simply teed together:

WM1900solution.jpg

J

JS41035

Are you using an external pressure gauge that you plug in to the QC?

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Ok guys I'm a dumb ass. Today I went to crank the pressure up to rinse off the truck and again it wouldn't go above 600 psi. This time it was on the original output. Upon further investigation I realized I still had it set to bypass. I turn my temp down at the end of every job and it bypasses water back to the fresh tank to cool everything down. As soon as I turned the temp back up the pressure jumped back up to 1300 psi. Thanks for all the time though that you guys took to help me figure this all out.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
First, I think its really great that you came back and let us know what it was (or wasn't).

Thank you Justin.

Second, we could do a very long thread here about things all of us have done very much like that.

Here's mine:

When I was 19 (1979) I drove 4 hours to Williamsport to show a truck mount...the second time I ever did it. I was nervous as it was, and when no water came out of the jets of the wand, I got upset. But I had been drilled for several days on everything to do when out like this, including minor repairs.

First, I checked the spray jets. They weren't clogged (back then I didn't yet know they'd rarely all clog at once, but I wasn't experienced enough back then to know.

Next, I disassambled and cleaned out the pressure regulator. No change.

Then, I took the high pressure pump apart to make sure nothing was clogged or not functioning right. No debris, no change.

(By now my prospect just wants to go home and for me to never come back...)

As I started to put everything away, my head drooping in despair, I noticed that two of the quick connects had pulled slightly apart.....

That's all it was.

Yeah, I know how you feel Justin.

All of us do.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Maybe I'll do it, but I have too many dumb things to choose from.

Maybe this one would be good; 37 years has dulled the pain a bit..

J

JS41035

It's awesome that you let us know what was wrong. That really will help someone in the future. Who knows what poor cleaner will be googling that problem and run across this thread.
We have all done some stupid stuff. I really respect someone humble enough to let others learn from their goofs.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Ok so I'm back with pressure issues. My cat pump had never been rebuilt and now has 6000 plus hours on it so I ordered a seal kit. I ordored the High temp, run dry kit that cat recommended. Install was really strait forward and I'm not sure how I could have screwed it up but upon firing it up i cant seem to be able to maintain any more then 6-800 psi tops. I can crank the pressure all the way up and it will ping off the end of the guage but will drop down to 600 or so then. What could I have done wrong? Also my lines all seam to pulse a lot more now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom