Pressure Line

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
So most of the lines on my truck mount are a stainless steel braided high pressure line. Well one of these blew at 11 a m on Saturday so I was scrambling to get it fixed before the shops closed at 12. The local equipment shop was able to hook me up with their high pressure hydraulic line. It's rated at 5400 psi but idk about a temperature rating. I'm thinking about replacing all the lines on my truck along with a lot of the brass and was just wandering if any of you guys have ever used hydraulic line instead of regular high temp high pressure hose or what you guys would recommend.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Check it for color crocking. We once bought several hundred feet of blue which worked well until prespray loosened up the blue and left a blue snake on white carpet. It did come out but was really scary there for a while.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I use blue for my solution line. Haven't had a problem but usually change it out every year to year and a half. The line I'm talking about is in the unit itself and all looks stainless braided.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Did the hose you get state "not for steam service"?

If yes it won't last if it goes to or comes from the heat exchanger.

If any other hose you will be fine for a long time.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
It didn't state anything about steam and the shop said they use it on there pressure washers. It was a hose that came off one of my heat exchangers.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hydraulic line won't work, it will rust, and fail.. If you have a good hydraulic hose place close to you tell them everything you need(pressure up to 1,500psi,heat up to 250 degrees, and a line that won't rust).

For Prochem TM's to replace the hoses(within the TM) I think it was like $10per inch(if you order from Prochem), or something crazy like that!! Best thing to get is Teflon lined hose, so it won't rust..

Reactions: jwfoulk12

Able 1

Name
Keith
Don't get me wrong I would use hydraulic hose in a pinch, but it would be on my list to change out sooner then later..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Hydrologic line is made to move oil....not water....you can get away with hydrologic fittings...but the hose is not going to be your friend......

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I'll see what they can source up for me. I'm wanting to swap out all my hoses this winter anyway.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
all cleaners should invest in an electric hose crimper and a box of parker fittings........
once a year cut 6" off the hose..recrimp put a six " overlay of larger hose and it'll be jus lik new

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I bought new section of Parker orange hose 75' This is what goes into the house. Next year a new color and the orange will move back to the second section. I can always make sure the hose going in is new.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I use hydraulic hose. They last about a year coming off my exhaust heat exchanger. The machine starts pissing black water when they start to fail.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
A hydraulic store can make you a braided hose with a Teflon liner and stainless fittings. The only 2 that I had problems with cracked from over tightening on my part. The steel fitting will corrode and leak. Lower end machines tend to come with the cheaper steel fittings.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom