Pressure washer with idle down feature

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Is there a big difference in performance with 3.5 gallons per min rather than 2.5? I would be using this to clean concrete patio, driveway and sidewalks. Also the exterior of the house. Personal use only.

steve_64

Is there a big difference in performance with 3.5 gallons per min rather than 2.5? I would be using this to clean concrete patio, driveway and sidewalks. Also the exterior of the house. Personal use only.
Imo yes. I have a 2.5 and have used a 4.0 and there is a difference. But the 2.5 gets it done just a little slower but less chance of damage.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Big difference. I have a 2.5 GPM one and although it works it's a pita. I used to have an 11hp Honda that was 3500 psi at 4 GPM. Beautiful machine especially with the whirl away spinner. Very fast.

Name
jack zerkie
Sat I cleaned a large medical bldg. Lots of mold with a small 5 hp honda. I used straight pool chlorine & dawn. The chemical injector mixed the combo did a great job. Not my usual job but still remember how. Everyone happy and paid very well. jz.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is there a big difference in performance with 3.5 gallons per min rather than 2.5?

noticeable difference

if you can budget $700+ you'll be into contractor grade units with 3.5gpm @3800+PSI
you'll get better hose in longer length,(50ft vs 25) better wand and better pump (like Cat or General) that's rebuildable
that will also have an unlaoder/regulator valve to adjust PSI up or down

..L.TA

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
typically i always rwcommend buying as much as you can afford-

time is money and you cant buy time

My exterior truck set up runs dual 3500@ 5.5gpm

scotty747

It dosent take more than 1000 psi to clean most surfaces besides concrete. You can turn the pressure up and use a 6 or 8 gpm tip which drops the pressure where you want it and gives you more volume.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom