Pressure washing concrete

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm looking to add concrete cleaning, mainly storefronts, sidewalks, and driveways.
Going to pick up a pressure washer 3000-3500 PSI, 3-3.5 GPM.
Anyone using a SX-12 or a Turbo-Hybrid for outside work like this.
I see larger surface cleaners for this that have wheels, and a bigger deck.
I was wondering if the plastic bottom rings on tools like a SX-T-H get torn up fast if used on concrete, and if I should really go with the wheeled models.
Thanks

Name
jack zerkie
Don,t use carpet equipment for pressure cleaning, unless you have EPA water recovery job. Pressure equip is the best to use and cheaper in the long run. I pressure cleaned for the first 25 yrs. and now doing very little. It.s easy to hold your arm down, but not to hold them up in the air for a long time. If you have a Hotsy or Northern tool they have all you need.jz.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
JACK ZERKIE said:
Don,t use carpet equipment for pressure cleaning, unless you have EPA water recovery job.

I should have stated I would not be recovering any water. I will only be using the tool to spray. I'm looking in Northern Tool, and the main difference I see is wheels. I'm guessing it's due to the wear on the bottom plastic ring if used on concrete.. If that is the only issue, I won't mind changing the ring every once in a while. I'm trying to keep it to 1 spinner tool, for when I start to dabble in T\G.

Name
Nate W.
goomes said:
JACK ZERKIE said:
Don,t use carpet equipment for pressure cleaning, unless you have EPA water recovery job.

I should have stated I would not be recovering any water. I will only be using the tool to spray. I'm looking in Northern Tool, and the main difference I see is wheels. I'm guessing it's due to the wear on the bottom plastic ring if used on concrete.. If that is the only issue, I won't mind changing the ring every once in a while. I'm trying to keep it to 1 spinner tool, for when I start to dabble in T\G.

It will work. Ron Werner used his to clean concrete and he made a guard out of plastic to preserve his ring. I tried searching for the pic, but was unable to find it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Non recovering "turbo"style tools are available for Concrete work

Don't use your TM unless you like to replace hoses and fittings frequently.

Pressure washers are cheap and I'm sure the used market is flooded.

Get a Mal Grit brush from Jon Don for your 175 too.
A good scrubbing will get soil out that pressure washing wont.

Be prepared to compete with handy men and others who will run a pressure washer for $20 an hour all week long.

Ryan

Mikey P said:
Get a Mal Grit brush form Jon Don for your 175 too.
A good scrubbing will get soil out that pressure washing wont.

Ding ding ding!

Get a 55 gallon drum of detergent from your local janitorial supply too.

Gary T

I do a fair amount of concrete cleaning with my TM. I do have a 3000 psi pump. I push the fact that I recover the water and don't blow crap in the pools and shrubbery. I don't do a ton but I like it better than a pressure washer. I also have the hyper turbo with the wheels.

I wouldn't use my sx-12 on outside concrete. It's to small compared to the concrete tool I got from northern. Paid less than 400 for it and paid for itself on first job. Don't use it often, but when I do I sure am glad I have it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've been told that a rather large pressure washing company is having TCS design a pressure washing system that can be used to clean carpets and recover pressure washing water too. Duane is supposedly working on one as well. I wouldn't mind having the capability of doing pressure washing with my TM, on occasion.

I have kids to feed.

One I'm trying to run out of the house.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I went to the trouble of getting a sewage discharge permit which meant agreeing to all the recovery and "treatment" procedures etc. Only to find out I'd be the only one in my area playing by the "rules". Everyone in my area blows into the storm drain system and the very agency I got my permit from expects us to turn them in. What f..... up system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom