Prices On Your Website Or Other Marketing Material

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Do you do it?
Do you think it's a good idea? Bad? Undesided?

I go back and forth with listing specials...but I don't list my regular prices.

At the same time, I know Stanley Steemer does it so it can't be entirely wrong.

What are your thoughts Hopson?

gielgud-color.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Imho, people think of carpet cleaning as a commodity. You need to give them a reason to call, not just because of price. That's the way I think of it. I've been weighing out the options on this too...

Name
Ron lippold
No prices and no specials and no hint of anything except great service a big smile and a owner operator do what he likes :wink:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Don't let price be the reason the prospect chooses your company.

If a company is getting price shoppers they should change their marketing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Instead of pricing I have a chart that tells them how often they should clean their carpet.
I list the great customer service and what services we perform etc.

I think testimonials play a big part in marketing. They work as almost referrals for the person scanning the site.

I'm pretty sure that listing prices is not a good thing.
But IF you are going to list your prices, I think you should list them high.
Keep those price shopper off your phones.

rick imby

Name
Rick
It depends on how you price. Ken Snow wouldn't think of not showing the prices of his services. If you are priced for the mass market you absolutely want to show prices on your website.

Some people will just go to the next website if they cannot figure out how much. Convenience is the name of the game.

If you have listened to Pirhana Lisa she states that their most successful program is their newsletter. Are you asking for their email in order to send them specials and a newsletter?

Rick

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have a few package price specialls on website for in home cleaning and separately our 2 for offer for rug cleaning. We also have lots of merchadise (rugs) listed, but only a fraction of our inventory.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rick imby said:
It depends on how you price. Ken Snow wouldn't think of not showing the prices of his services. If you are priced for the mass market you absolutely want to show prices on your website.

Some people will just go to the next website if they cannot figure out how much. Convenience is the name of the game.

If you have listened to Pirhana Lisa she states that their most successful program is their newsletter. Are you asking for their email in order to send them specials and a newsletter?

Rick

I didn't think of that. If you have lower than Mikey's Board BS pricing and stick to it, then showing your prices wouldn't be too bad.
Stanley's prices are actually pretty high compared to what most cleaners really charge. Partly my opinion of course.

I just can't get away from trying to get a customer on the phone. That phone contact is what really get's them scheduled more than any ad.
Not so much that it puts people on the spot (even though it does) but that personal contact plays a huge role in making them understand how we do things (it's not what you say, it's how you say it). Not to mention that just by answering the phone, the customer feels you are more professional that 99% of all the other companies out there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom