Pricing by email?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Lately I have had people that have been referred by my customers that have emailed me with their room dimensions wanting to know what I would charge.
I actually like that because then I have their email and I can attach testimonials and facts to the quote email.

The problem I face is that I charge .25 cents a sq ft and do not know how much sq ft off for any given rooms. They have been telling me which rooms will be empty, but the other rooms I just kinda guess on. Is that the best way or is there a standard that people estimate?

I know a few companies charge sq ft over the phone and was wondering how they did it since email would be similar.

The latest one was 863.38 total sq ft.
I estimated 571.76 cleanable sq ft. No furniture being moved, and like I said it was just a guess.

If anyone has any good tips please let me know, thanks.

ps.. Ok I just reread what I wrote and it is a bit confusing but I don't know any better way to put it. So if you understand it and have tips please let me know. If you don't understand it then write something sarcastic to me and be on your way!! :lol: :lol:

Name
Bruce
When you email them back with the quote tell them that it's just a quote and the price could change up or down after you get to their home and measure it your self. That's how we do it when dealing with email quotes from our website.

Name
I'm Rick James
Just communicate its just a rough estimate and may change after measurements.

I love the email estimates, I usually get 1-3 a week.

Here is a tip. Your pricing is simple enough but communicating it to your customers doesn't seem simple. Tell your customers you charge .25 cents a foot and you only charge for the areas cleaned. If they need an idea of what that would cost then drive out and do an estimate. How did you come up with all those decimal places in your estimate? Try rounding your numbers out and say you have around 500-600 sq ft etc instead of saying 571.76 sq ft.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I look at your "problem" and find the solution by approaching it from a different direction. It's only a problem if you make it one. Ask them what rooms they want you to clean under the furniture in and which rooms will be empty (or cleaning around furniture). Charge them 25 cents in the rooms you are moving furniture in and 20 cents per sf in the rooms you aren't. But, charge the total sf in each rooms.

bonesheal

Having furniture in the rooms does not usually make your job easier. I'd rather clean empty rooms than the rooms full of furniture, even at the same price. I only deduct beds and built-ins (I make exceptions for obvious situations where I don't have to clean a whole side of a room), so I can explain that to the customer.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
you may not like this answer... but you need to have a website and marketing that makes them "not care" what your price is. Obviously people are always going to be price cautious but your going to have to make your website tell a story that leads them to just scheduling the appointment- and figuring out the price question when you are able to do a thorough carpet inspection. If you look at my website http://www.nwgreenclean.com - you will see that I am controlling where they go-every step of the way pretty much. And no where in their destination do I discuss price.

It's not easy by any means.... but if you can do this, than you have the upperhand and will have much more control.

Also, email is a great form of communicating, but when you are literally selling via your email message, it must be a powerful sales letter- you can't go straight into answering their price question.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom