Pricing for Church pews

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I’ve been asked to clean a large number of church pews. I’m needing a little advice on pricing. Traditionally, when cleaning upholstery, I charge by the piece. I’ve never cleaned pews for $$. It’s always been an in-kind donation. Do you have any suggestions on pricing. Do you charge by the foot, hour or piece.

Thanks!

Amy

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I would figure out how much you're wanting to make per hour and then use that figure to price it per piece.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Buck1955

Name
John
I cleaned a bunch years ago for another ccer that was broken down. He told me to use my floor wand on them. Thats what I did. Fast work.

Reactions: amygeorge

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Amy what Russ says about the $ per hour that you want to make is the common practice (belief) here.

Before pricing I would also try to assess what are their expectations. If they expect perfection, I would price accordingly. It is a huge difference in time between reasonably clean and perfectly clean, particularly on these large jobs.

I would not break it down to per piece, as your price would assume doing the whole job and they may (now or in the future) choose to do just a few and you'd be stuck with a non profitable price. If you do have to break it per piece, specify quantities (I'll do it for $$ if cleaning 30 pieces or more, at $$$ if less than etc.) that way they'll also see the savings in doing it all at the same time.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
You're in Texas, and I bet the pricing in your pitiful area is the same, or about, as it is in Pigsville, Alabama. Over here, I charge between $1.50 to $2.00 per linear foot. If they are only cushioned across the bottom, then it's $1.50. If they have cushions, or upholstery, on the top half as well as the bottom, then I charge $1.75. If they are horribly soiled, I got up to $2/LF.

Hope this helps.

ROLL TIDE!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We usually do them relatively cheap unless the have spots wax that will require more work. Difficult spots like Mad dog may cost a little extra or so sMarty told me.

We've been as lows as a $1.00 a foot and it still added up to be too more than I was comfortable charging. Production is what I'd base it off of.

What can you consistently produce in a given amount of time and how long will to complete the project.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We are cleaning a 2000 seat auditorium next week.

I sold it at $2 per foot. Seat and back. We are not cleaning the back that faces the pew behind.

They are replacing next year or I would have gotten $1 foot for protector. They loved the price.

Sending in 2 trucks and 3 guys.
We are also doing about 5k carpet
Set up 2 guys to extract and one guy to pre spray and prep.

Have a spotting kit ready for red stains from communion and ink.
We use the craftsman open tool bags that have a hard lining. They look like old milk holders.

Are you coming to Aptos?

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Thanks everybody! I quoted $150\hr and .17cents for protector. 2 guys on the job. It has to go to committee for approval.

Yes, I’m going to MikeFest. Who else will help with registration? It’s the only thing Mike will let me participate it and he hasn’t decided if he needs me yet. Can’t even volunteer…

Have a great Friday and root for the Aggies against LSU tomorrow!

For Marty - Gig’em, Aggies!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Come on Mike let the guys pay the lady. We all know you need help. T-shirts we need T-shirts. Let's pre order. I love my airmover shirt from Nashville.

Thanks everybody! I quoted $150\hr and .17cents for protector. 2 guys on the job. It has to go to committee for approval.

Yes, I’m going to MikeFest. Who else will help with registration? It’s the only thing Mike will let me participate it and he hasn’t decided if he needs me yet. Can’t even volunteer…

Have a great Friday and root for the Aggies against LSU tomorrow!

For Marty - Gig’em, Aggies!

Reactions: glenboy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom