Pricing help with Semi-pro baseball team

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I landed a carpet cleaning job for a semi-pro baseball team.... There is about 16,245 square feet of carpet. Mixed some is looped berber some are the low profile carpet squares. 2 club houses with carpet home and visitors locker room.. and 2 gift shops. Restaurant and 12 box suites. The building is not yet a year old. 70 games played. Locker rooms were soiled pretty good the rest was ok.
We have worked on it for 2 days now and have one day left. I gave the person in charge a bill for .25 cents a square foot. Is that 2 much? He said he doesnt have a problem paying the bill, but wants to know if I would do trades for suite room tickets and advertising. There advertising packages start out at 2 grand. So what would you do?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Might not be a bad deal to trade for tickets or even the use of the suite room. You could invite customers and family to games or give them tickets, but I would want the majority of the work paid for and not traded for.

It's hard to eat or pay your bills with tickets or a banner.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Doc Holliday said:
Might not be a bad deal to trade for tickets or even the use of the suite room. You could invite customers and family to games or give them tickets, but I would want the majority of the work paid for and not traded for.

It's hard to eat or pay your bills with tickets or a banner.

True, but what if that banner or what ever kind of advertising they do brings me in tons of money?

Farenheit251

Male baseball fans are not a real good target demographic for carpet cleaning. Stanley Steemer loves the Oprah show. You are kind of doing the opposite.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
True, but what if that banner or what ever kind of advertising they do brings me in tons of money?
It could happen, but chances are it will take a lot of time and a lot more money to be effective with that approach.

People may see it and eventually you may build brand recognition, but there are probably more effective ways for you to spend your marketing dollars. Ones that will return sales to you much faster than institutional type advertising.

If you are flush with cash and can afford it, go for it. I'd trade for a thousand dollars in tickets and give them to my good customers and be done with it.

Name
Bruce
If they are looking to barter then they are more then likely going to find a carpet cleaning company that will barter with them if you don't take the deal. Not sure what I would do in that situation, SS has the local hockey team zamboni machine done up like a SS truck, along with banners all over the arena.

Jose Smith

We used to do the stadium of the Lake Elsinore Storm (San Diego Padres minor league team). We charged them a reduced rate to clean their locker rooms, their suites, their team store, their executive offices and a pretty large restaurant. We charged them a reduced rate because we got a large ad in centerfield and free tickets whenever we wanted (for up to 30 guests), plus limited use of a suite for selected games.

We stopped after a year for several reasons;

1. We wanted to set up a maintenance plan. They did not want this since they were only using the place a couple months a year so we would have to HWE everytime.

2. The advertising did not work out as we got maybe 2 calls.

3. I am not a Padre fan. I would much rather clean for the Angels affiliate in Rancho Cucamonga a few miles away.

Actually, the major reason for not keeping the contract was the fact they would not set up a maintenance program, not even during the minor league season.

Jose Smith

-JB-

Name
JB
Sounds like a "if it's too good to be true" situation ta me.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
tell him that your marketing budget is already planned for the year
take the money

joe harper

Name
joe harper
joeynbgky said:
I landed a carpet cleaning job for a semi-pro baseball team.... There is about 16,245 square feet of carpet. Mixed some is looped berber some are the low profile carpet squares. 2 club houses with carpet home and visitors locker room.. and 2 gift shops. Restaurant and 12 box suites. The building is not yet a year old. 70 games played. Locker rooms were soiled pretty good the rest was ok.
We have worked on it for 2 days now and have one day left. I gave the person in charge a bill for .25 cents a square foot. Is that 2 much? He said he doesnt have a problem paying the bill, but wants to know if I would do trades for suite room tickets and advertising. There advertising packages start out at 2 grand. So what would you do?

Joey,
This can work to benefit your Biz.! "If you get creative.?" The total ticket is $ 4061.25.
You cost on the job should be $2000.00 max. So the remaining 50% of the job could be
considered advertising "profit".. In this economy, I did some bartering with some retuarent
accounts.."It worked out well for us..!

There is NO downside..for either party in this deal..!
You obviously need the work or you would NOT even consider His proposal..
They NEED the service performed..at a DISCOUNTED
rate.. My advise to you is to negotiate for MORE tickets...!!!
This is a LOSS liter item for
them..."They need to fill seats.!"

I would offer to clean the area for $2000.00 in a check..! And $3000.00 in the form or a
credit..."That you can spend as you choose." This will allow you to offer several marketing
option for your company..!

HERE IS A COUPLE OF IDEAS....!

1.You could offer FREE tickets "all season"..leading them to your Website..to register..
2.Contact local radio station..offer the tickets for FREE air-time..Gets you name out...
3.Give a block of tickets....to a local childrens hospital...Great press..
4.Offer cleints 1 ticket...for every $100.00 spent over your min..Moms can get tickets for kids.
5.Give tickets..To loyal cleints..Give to managers of your comm. accnts..They will remember..
6.Offer your Techs tickets in Leu of their wages on this job...My men liked the gift cert.'s....
7.Sponser a "Get Mom to the Park" day...First 50 Moms...Recieve a FREE ticket...!!!
8.Offer 1 FREE ticket..for every HOME team HR...drawing in the 7th inning..MUST be present..
9.Anyone producing ticket stub...Will recieve a 10% discount on all of your services..!!!
10. I can go on for days...just use "NO GIMMICKS" offer a real VALUE..!!!! :wink:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks for all of your help. It really helped. My expense for the job ws fuel and chems. my partner and myself did the job. So I didnt have to pay any employees. Great advice! guys!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom