Pricing on VCT tile

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We were doing some commercial carpet today and was ask to bid some VCT tile. It's bigger than most jobs that I do. I usually just knock out small bathrooms and such at Churches that I clean for. This would be 1703 sf for one night (they'll move the stuff to back of business) then come back next night and do isles etc at 1,109 sf. Then a 3rd evening of 1,250 sf.

I usually charge .45 psf when doing small bathrooms and .40 for 500 sf or so. I was thinking somewhere in the .35-.38psf range? Your suggestions. And if my quote is to high and I don't get the job that is fine with me. Funny I thought my quote on the carpet was to high and when I sent the email it was accepted in about 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance

I would say 1500 which is slightly higher than .35. That really is hard work for cheap pay when you deduct your labor and materials.

TimP

I wouldn't do it for less than 1500 unless I needed the money real bad. Depends on how busy you are too....hard to turn down work if it's profitable for you meaning you can bring in at least 4-500 a day after cost.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
go in at 60 sq ft you may be suprised if ya do'nt get it OH WELL
make pushin that mop a lot more fun

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
wow you guys are getting a premium for vct.. in my area cant get over .23 cents a foot or ur outa business..

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I wanna sub some stuff out to you lads. I got a 3800 sf school next week at $1 per and a church with 2200 at the same.I must be a bandit.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok Thanks, looks like I will go in at a .40 psf est.
One more question for you guys that do alot of VCT, what wax do you use and how many coates?

I have been using Zep products and 3 coates for the little restrooms etc that I do. I know there are better products out there.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
haha. im not looking for sub work.. its alright..

as far as wax goes. there are better products out there. i use harder wax for base layers and then finish the top coats with a high gloss wax.. i typically do no less then 4 coats when stripping. when just scrubbing and recoating i usually do 2 or more depending on how much you take off and the condition of the floor.

hope that helped..

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I got .75 for 4000 sq ft the 29th and 30th this month. It will make up for the slow week this week because between the aug 28-3 sept swamped with more $$$$ coming in in those than I have ever done

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The only other bidder was Servicemaster and they get something like $1.20

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
welp, no one will ever coRnfuse me with an expert at VCT...i know just enough to be dangerous....

but you didn't say what condition the VCT was in...and I know enough to know that what it looks like when finished, is largely contingent on everything that's done before the finish is applied.
Some are easily stripped, some have 30 layers of mOp N glO with 1/8" of laminated crud build up along walls and door jambs

so "one size" pricing don't fit with me

I'm ASSuming it's not in such great shape and hasn't been regularly "professionally" maintained or you wouldn't need to strip it..

I'd be at .60 to a buck a ft depending.
and may adjust that in the depth of winter contingent on how late the my house payment is....

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Apparently, I need to raise my prices. And I was happy with what I was getting.

Or is this place the ICS of VCT???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Dirk said:
Apparently, I need to raise my prices. And I was happy with what I was getting.

Or is this place the ICS of VCT???

Carpet cleaners talking VCT...its funny...

2 people in marshfield bidding vct...how nice would that be :roll: :roll: :roll:

I stay around me .30 a ft, and with my high speed strip equipment, i avg more then i do CC....problem is....most the VCT work is in big name places and is done by the MMM

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we get .75 a sqft for strip and wax..we put down 6 coats most of the time and it looks
like a swimming pool..
we are doing 875 sqft for the 2nd time on thursday for a vollyball supply house. got 1k
of carpet to cimex at the same time..

Back
Top Bottom