Pricing Question... Chairs and benches

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
I was wondering if someone could provide me a little info on here as far as pricing is concerned. I have 57 chairs to clean and 5 benches that are 21' long with fabric below and on the back there is 20' of fabric in length. Attached are pictures of similar benches/chairs.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Travis the best way to price them is by determining first what you want to make an hour. Then divide that amount by the number of pieces you can complete in an hour.

For example, those chairs only have a seat and back, I think I can clean 20 of them in an hour. I want to make $120.00
Divide the $120.00/20 =$6.00 each chair.

Now that production number will drop way down if I have 200 of them to clean. So be reasonable in your production guesstimate.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Any other thoughts or what you guys would charge?
A portable is going to be slower than I quoted above, with a bucket brigade of dumping and filling. I think maybe 10 an hour, working at that speed maybe $8.00-$12.00 each.

Fast easy cleaning material.

Precondition and agitate and rinse. If you have a helper I'd have him keep 3-4 chairs ahead of you. Then he can wipe off the wood over spray while you process those he prepped.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Travis...

I just did a bunch of church pews

I only had to do the bottoms and I charged $1 a linear foot (so those bottoms would be $21)....but, I also was doing a lot of carpet cleaning, so I made up the little I Might have lost in the carpet cleaning (we were able to use Zipper wands and save time)

I also used a glided stair too with the Truckmount and also the water pressure turned down....

My son in law on the other truckmount had and upholstery tool (Sapphire Scentific) following me and doing the fine detailing and wax and other few spot removal.

Now with those backs, they are more difficult and even with a stair tool it would be more akward and take more time....so my thought would have been around $1.50 per linear foot for the backs ($3o per back section)

For the chairs, I am envisioning a small simple chair (like the smaller ones posted), so would have been around $10 per chair (again with doing the carpet cleaning in mind)

If I were just doing upholstery only....I would definitely look at my hourly desired rate closely (I shoot for $200 per hour per truckmount but will take as low as $150 if I can make up time somewhere else)

I am in Northern Minnesota, and our rates are ok for this location....rates might vary, but I am one of the higher priced cleaners in the area, but do receive a lot of the jobs even if a slight bit higher.

Selling the job is about you making them feel comfortable and confident in you and putting their trust in you to solve their cleaning problems....well if really any problems.

Church pews are not really overly soiled in my experiences....

Hope this helps with some comparative numbers.

Best of luck on the bid :)

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
$8 Would be good for the chairs, really shouldnt have to refill water very often for chairs.
Really depends how often you would have to move.

Not too much experience with the pews, they usually dont let riff raff like me in those places.

Mikey P

Administrator
Give them a good whack with your hand, up top and on the seats.
I'd be shocked if a dust cloud of dander doesn't come up.

Spend as much time as you need pre vacuuming to remove all the dry stuff before applying your pre conditoner/ shampoo

God forbid they whack them after you're done if you dont...

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I should mention

My price was also based off that the ladies of the church would vacuum the pews and carpets....the 2 gals that did it, took it very serious

But....

I had one church that did not do as well....soooooo.....we had to vac and did lose time we had hoped to not lose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom