Pricing question for water damage

JoeClean

Hey guys,

I live in NJ and while I gave up water damage work many years ago, I got roped into doing
some after the hurricane. I know my limits, this was wind driven rain under the door. Just wet carpet in a winterized (cold) condo.

I have my other charges figured out but my question is what are you charging for pad replacement.
The pad is costing me @$2.00 a yard plus my time.

What would you charge for the pad, installing pad, re-installing carpet with two seams, and placing furniture back.

Also, are disposal charges flat rate or by the yard?

Thanks for any help.

(I'm not getting back into water damage so I really don't want to buy the price book.)

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Then just charge what you think is far and profitable. Why go by the book?

JoeClean

They needed an itemized for their insurance agent and I wanted to make sure it was inline with the standards.

Thanks.

Name
Scott
Insurance plays reasonable and customary prices not Xactimate pricing, don't let them fool you. Charge what you or most people in your area charge. Its easy to prove that they are reasonable and customary that way.

Name
Yohance
Charge what u think is fair if your not a approved vendor with the insurance company they usually just pay as long as its not outrageous

JoeClean

thanks for the replies. Anthony I will take you up on that offer when I have time on Fri to sit down. Appreciate that .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom