Pricing question

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've got my basic cleaning prices nailed down right where I want them but I always seem to screw myself on the some what out of the ordinary work. Please give me some ideas on what you guys would charge for the following.

Lift carpet-replace 12sf of pad-clean concrete-clean bottom of carpet- re-install carpet- clean top of carpet.

This was not a urine job it was a full container of cooking oil spilled on the carpet.

Thanks

TimP

At least 150 bucks. Probably 2-300 depending how long it would take you. If I had to price it I would say 225 as a good guess. If I had to do it again I'd know more about how long it would take. But I could be way off as I've never done that type of procedure as of yet.

I prefer to guess a bit higher than I would think it should take cause there is always something that happens to screw you up.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
You nailed it. This is my first replacing pad myself. The couple of times I've ran into something similar in the past I subed out the install part and only did the cleaning. I did this one for 135 and after I was done felt like I should have been about 50 more. They were only calling me out to clean a spot so they were expecting to only pay my minimum. After they explained to me how many times this spot has recurred and that it always takes it 3-4 months to come back. I talked them into letting me lift the carpet and have a peak underneath. The pad and the concrete underneath were wet, and slimey and it was an easy sell on what needed to be done when I showed it to them. Just not sure another 50 would have been in the budget.

Well anyway I'll know better what to get next time and at the very least these people were thrilled get rid of a problem that none of the other cleaners could or would solve.

Back
Top Bottom