Pricing residential carpet cleaning by the square foot

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Time is what it takes to train your customer base. If $100 is your minimum, just say you're already $25-50 cheaper than the franchises' minimum charge, and they get the owner of the company to come clean, unlike the big box cleaners who are sending out a commission based tech.
Our closest big outfit is an hour plus away in the city. I cant imagine what the minimum charge would be to send two techs, in a new van with new equipment, on a 2 or 3 hour round trip would be. I just booked with a guy who scheduled with one of the big guys and they just blew him off the day of service and never showed up.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Our closest big outfit is an hour plus away in the city. I cant imagine what the minimum charge would be to send two techs, in a new van with new equipment, on a 2 or 3 hour round trip would be. I just booked with a guy who scheduled with one of the big guys and they just blew him off the day of service and never showed up.

what part of Ohio you in, Joe?

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Good idea, but that would likely add to the confusion.
Nope, just ask for their address. Once you get the distance, you can give them your minimum for that city.

My minimum for a job that’s 1hr away is 250. I’m not charging $250 for just 2bedrooms and a hall. I tell them I need a minimum amount of work to charge my $250.

Reactions: AlienAgent
Name
Jeff T
windscreen time still sucks no matter how how you price it
Last Thursday I spent 6.5 out of 9 hrs. behind the wheel....
The first job was 3 hrs away....
JUST FOR A SET OF 15 stairs.....
I told the resto company, I’m not going for anything less than 750$....
They said, ‘whatever the cost, just make sure the client is happy’....
I was wishing they were going to say no....
3 travel mugs of coffee later, I was back in town...
Then went and returned 4 area rugs....

Name
Jeff T
Tomorrow is the first of many rentals up the ski hill.
I’ve also got to PU 7-8 wool area rugs...
Oh boy....

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I have a friend in Hillsboro.
I am in Cols. (not that it matters!!! :biggrin: )

signs all over here, whole house $59.00.
I hate that lowball shit, we had an old lowballer who finally gave up around here a few years ago. Hillsboro is a small place, I would bet either I know your friend, they know me, or we know some of the same people. I ran a drive through pet and livestock feed store with my Dad for 17 years before starting the floor biz back in '12. I can't go anywhere around here without running into someone who knows me. Made it tough to get away with anything when I was a teenager, thats for sure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom