Pricing Water Restoration

americlean

What do you charge for water restoration? (dehumidifiers, airmovers, manhours etc.)

[/url]

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There are hundreds of line items in water restoration. What size dehu? What size fan and more and more details that would need to be answered.

Then each part of the country has its own pricing.

To get the real answer you need BlueBook.

In general - Air movers will go from $22 - $30 per day.
LGR dehus such as Phoenix 200 Max will go for around $100 per day and up.

Scott Warrington

As Scott said, the pricing has many variables. One area, unfortunately, that the pricing software does not consider is the skill level and quality of equipment used.

I see all too often when someone will do one job with help, then think they are qualified to do the same job alone the next time.

Seriously, WDR has evolved from child's play and has become a serious and technical business with considerable overhead and great liability.

Carpet cleaners rush into doing restoration without adequate training, adequate equipment and meters and adequate insurance coverage.

The problem is derived from carpet cleaners seeing the dollar amounts earned on restoration jobs and they can't wait to pocket the cash.

All I can say to that, is get training, buy the right equipment and meters, and pay out the HUGE bucks for insurance. Once that is done, then one is entitled to earn the prices charged in the market for the work.

wdr

If you are going to do a lot of restoration work then you should consider buying the Xactimate to help you with billing. www.xactware.com
There is a start up fee and monthly fee but its worth it.

The Blue Book is your other option. Many cleaners use them and they are affordable. I think they are only like $90. I have used this for a few years and it has worked out really well...

I would never price a restoration job without either one of these tools. You will leave money on the table for sure.

I definitely agree with Craig and think that getting yourself the proper education is a must. You are going to have problems if you do not know what you are doing. You should try to network with another restorer in your area and see if you can do a couple of jobs with them if you are not sure what you are doing...

If you haven't used TES yet you have got to try it out. I have used it a couple of different times and I have been amazed by how fast it dries...

hope this helps a little bit...

Back
Top Bottom