printer ink on carpet

wired

Woman called me and said her dog got the printer ink cartage out of the waist basket in her office and chewed into it and broke it on the carpet. What is the best method for getting this out? It happened on friday, thanks. Steve

Name
Scott
Steve,
Good luck, I have had the same question. I have tried ink out, PIG, Solv Ink and stain magic in conjunction with them and I couldnt get it to budge. I got to one long after it was there and after other cleaners so yours may be easier than mine. I couldnt get it to budge and ended up patching it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Light brush and lots of vacuum, vacuum, vacuum to loosen and remove as much as possible. Use a true HEPA vac or your truckmount with a Dust-Downer. You don't want to spread this through the air.

Surround the stains with StainZone. Remove as much as possible with PIG and dry extraction. No water. If / when you don't get any further results, apply StainZONE. use according to directions.

That will work for most printer inks. However, the age of the stain, what the home-owner may have already tried and the condition of the carpet (protected or not, worn and abraded versus nearly new, etc.) will all effect the outcome.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum, cold water rinse hit spots with Magic Bullet or VacAway Cyclone and blot with a white towel until you get no transfer... Use VacAway Red Vanish (no heat) for any remaining tinge of color. Of course what Scott said will work well too...

-JB-

Name
JB
As Scott said, I have had very good luck with some nasty ones doing it that way, using Stain-magic.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
rinse, cyclone, hel-gel and rinse. Then finish with problem b gone

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Customer sat in his new Lazy Boy with a ball-point in his back pocket all night. A couple big blotches. Got it completely out with Magic Bullet and Cyclone and several white rags. Never set up the TM.

Magic Bullet alone would have done it, but I started with Cyclone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom