Pro 1200- Side door??!! Urgent advice needed.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Getting a pro 1200 in a GMC Savanah 3500.
I like side doors as parking is an issue in S.F. so when parked next to trees I can still open door (happens more frequently than you'd imagine.)

In my Cds set up I can still have the hose reel next to Cds and be able to roll hoses when standing by sliding door. Important as sometime due to parking, I do not have enough space to open back door. Also it saves space that is at premium in a regular size van.

Will it be possible to place hose reel to be operated from slide door with the Pro-1200? As the machine is wider than Cds?
A bit urgent as I've just placed the order for the van.
Thanks.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'd want barn doors instead of the sliding doors, because the sliding doors will not offer the same opening capacity as the barn doors do. They take up about 6 inches of the door space.

Also, get the door ports for rainy days and high crime areas.

Does it rain in Israel?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
He cant have bard doors because he has trouble with tree and cant always open them....read.....damit...read....

tngvegas

Console dimensions (W × H × D) 21½ × 31½ × 42 in.

This is the size of the pro 1200. I would get slide doors too but in an extended van. maybe the extended vans have a wider sliding door, or maybe not.

Reactions: ruff
Name
Jesse
Ours isn't a Sapphire but we do have a pro 1200 with sliding door and side mounted reel. I think that our reel is further toward the back of the van than the video above but not by very much. We prefer to back into driveways and having the reel like that causes it to catch/rub on the door when pulling hose toward the home. If you stand there and coil hose then carry it in that wont be a problem.

I prefer a rear mount reel because when your backed in you can pull toward the front door no matter which way it is. Side mount leaves you parking with the direction of the door in mind.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
My vac hose reel was always set up from the side door on.my Pro1200s. You can have the reel set back somewhat from the door center and the hoses will go on the reel and you use difficult to access area to the back of the side door for some of the hose.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Before I change the whole set up on this van I had the 2 reels coming out the side door....Ran it like that for awhile with no problems..figure the machine is not going to run unles the hose is off the reel so circulation was not an issue....getting to the machine was a bit of a pain.........

P8290707.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yes Marty. It rains in Israel. And there, all these years I thought that you did read your bible :winky:

Thanks Fred, that video was helpful. It seems like it would work.

Thanks 'Out of character', it's nice to know that it works. In S.F. if we park in the driveway and block part of the sidewalk (which we have to- short driveways) we get $200.00 fine.

Thanks Art, so you set the reel a little in and that gave you the access? (How many feet of hose on your reel?

Thanks Jim, though it's a barn door, it seems like a large reel so if I put a narrower reel closer to the 1200 which is a PTO and does not require the breathing space, it may work.

All the info and help is much appreciated.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Bible I read says you people wandered around in the wilderness for 40 years, going around in circles, and getting your water out of rocks.

It did rain for 40 days and nights though ... but all the Chavez's still didn't die.

Back
Top Bottom