Pro Solv Gel and Power Gel -- Burning!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I was using a lot of this without any gloves and now the inside of my thumb has been burning for two days. A little bit of my hand too.

It could be un-related though... It might have something to do with the red-remover I spilled.

Maybe I smashed my hand and it's just healing. I don't know.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had that stuff leak in my pocket... I was on a job and it was hot as hell out and my leg was burning bad! It was in my pocket with my cell phone and for some reason I thought my phone was just hot. I got a pretty bad chem. burn, but it was gone in the morning.

G

Didn't you read the MSDS?? Wear Chemical Resitant Gloves!! The big thick black ones!!

:eek: :shock: :roll:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My helper today is an old-school padder, did auto detail for auctions etc.

Been around this stuff back when it could kill you.

He was spotting some adhesive strips and grabbed the pro-solve. I told him what happened to me, he said, "This stuff never bothers me."

and then he proceeded to.... WORK IT INTO THE CARPET WITH HIS BARE HANDS!. He spent 30 minutes on the floor rubbing that stuff into the carpet with his fingers... He didn't wash his hands either, he just wiped them on the carpet.

No wonder all the old-schoolers are dying.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
When I was young(er) and dumb(er) I did that too, until one day I got some under my finger nail. I switched to using a bone scrapper.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
leesenter said:
How can a real professional carpet cleaner not wear gloves when using chemicals?

Habit. When using small amounts of gel solvent you aren't likely to get any on your hands because gels are easier to work with. When spotting with Neutral spotters, you don't need gloves anyway.

I oughta put a few pair of rubber gloves in my spotting kit so I don't have to go out to the van to get gloved up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom