Problems With My Steamway 4100

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I'm having problems with the heat. on my 4100. I won't get hotter than 150 degree when cleaning. The burner kicks on like it should but it wont heat the water past 150. I only use a single jet wand the same one I've always used, Whats the problem? it does get a little hotter when using the Hydroforce, any suggestions, it's driving me crazy :x oh I did notice the volt gage was droping to 11 volts with the pump and the burner turned on. I took the alternater in and had it tested it's kicking out fourteen volts so I guess thats ok :?:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Perhaps a defective temperature control?

Nope the burner comes on when the wand trigger is pulled doesn't get hot enough for the temp control to disengage the burner it's always on when there is flow

Steve Smith

"I took the alternater in and had it tested it's kicking out fourteen volts so I guess thats ok "

Using a multimeter you can check the voltage at the battery when the machine is running to see if the alternator is working properly.
I would also check the voltage when the burner is on to see how much of a drop in voltage there is.

Does the burner sound "normal" when it "lights"?
Is it smoking excessively, or any differently than normal?
Does the burner fan motor have replaceable brushes? One or both may be worn and the fan may not be spinning as fast as normal.

Or, you may simple have way to much water flow, and the burner can't keep up.
You have changed the jet on the wand and turned the pressure up to 1500 psi, have you? :wink:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I would also check the voltage when the burner is on to see how much of a drop in voltage there is.

Yea like I said my volt gage on the machine drops down when the burner and the pump are on to around 11 volts

Does the burner sound "normal" when it "lights"?
Is it smoking excessively, or any differently than normal?

It sound normal to when it ignites and there is no smoke

Does the burner fan motor have replaceable brushes? One or both may be worn and the fan may not be spinning as fast as normal.

Don't know about that I've never taken it apart

Or, you may simple have way to much water flow, and the burner can't keep up.
You have changed the jet on the wand and turned the pressure up to 1500 psi, have you?

:lol: same jet same pressure

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Larry Capitoni aka Meat on the board here has helped me with my 1150 Powermatic flow and heat issues. I don't know much about the 4100, but he might be of some help?

Jeff at Steamway Express in Zoarville Ohio has also been very helpful to me in the past.

Worth a shot..
Bill

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
WJMorgan3 said:
Larry Capitoni aka Meat on the board here has helped me with my 1150 Powermatic flow and heat issues. I don't know much about the 4100, but he might be of some help?

Jeff at Steamway Express in Zoarville Ohio has also been very helpful to me in the past.

Worth a shot..
Bill

Thanks, Were you at Larry? help a brother out :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom