Prochem 100 A Heater Help

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Picked up an old Prochem 100A for next to nothing, I mainly wanted it for the tank and parts. Imagine my surprise when I took it to the shop and it fired up and purred like a kitten. It has around 1000 hrs on the meter, and looks fine for its age.

It is not what I would use as a main unit, considering it only has a #3 blower, but it would be useful for cleaning t&g, as well as upholstery and rentals.

The kero burner seems to be in good shape, but I can't figure out the 3 wires coming out of the back - the only loose wiring on the machine. It looks like it should be hooked up to 110v. Does anyone know how this burner is wired?

Also considering simply taking off the kero burner and using a LG heater I have sitting around. Is there any benefits to keeping the kerosene heater?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Does it's have a service manual?

Is the magneto missing?

Are the electrodes still there?

Depending on what parts are present, the units are good and I have clients running some that they bought nearly 30 years ago,

I can put you in touch with our service manager if you'd like some help.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Wouldn't suprise me if that kero burner puts out more heat than a propane.

I would take Pemberton up on his offer and call his service manager.

Maybe upgrade to 2.5 outlet and 50' of 2.5 hose.

That little unit has a good reputation for getting hot.

jamidei

100a parts

Hello. I use one of these machines and need parts from time to time. Are you willing to sell parts? Right now I need a drive coupler for the kerosene fuel pump- Please let me know! Thanks, John

Picked up an old Prochem 100A for next to nothing, I mainly wanted it for the tank and parts. Imagine my surprise when I took it to the shop and it fired up and purred like a kitten. It has around 1000 hrs on the meter, and looks fine for its age.

It is not what I would use as a main unit, considering it only has a #3 blower, but it would be useful for cleaning t&g, as well as upholstery and rentals.

The kero burner seems to be in good shape, but I can't figure out the 3 wires coming out of the back - the only loose wiring on the machine. It looks like it should be hooked up to 110v. Does anyone know how this burner is wired?

Also considering simply taking off the kero burner and using a LG heater I have sitting around. Is there any benefits to keeping the kerosene heater?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom