ProChem 100A Blower size.

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
I found this old ServPro Machine with 2400 hours on it. The online manual says it has a 3150 rmp blower. Anyone know the CFM and blower size. The guy is asking $3700 for van and truck mount complete. Van has 200,000 miles :( but unit works good. Any thought on this deal?

00x0x_1WRDIJmdQig_600x450.jpg

00q0q_7ZvMATD952G_600x450.jpg

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Sutorbilt 3MP (fairly equivalent to a #33 Roots URAI, or a 3003 Tuthill Competitor)

Good for about 160 CFM at 14" Hg. at blower redline of 3600 RPM, maybe about 135 CFM at 3200 RPM at the same lift spec. At a more conservative lift of 10" Hg, maybe 145 CFM at 3200 RPM.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
But how hot does she get smokin! I had 1 when I started my business!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
100 ft hose runs will melt anything diesel fired heater be careful you could get tattooed real easy by the brass!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
The water temp gets very hot 240. The unit looks very clean. The guy said that it was mainly used for flood work. Out of all the deals I've seen in my area this one is the most complete and has the least amount of hours. Just the smallest blower. It has 200 ft hose and he says he has used it all before. Even comes with chemicals, old Ebac dehumidifier, and 2 air movers. Looks like all I need is an air hog and I'm in business.
00I0I_bnZjKZrCuqT_600x450.jpg

00i0i_k1xN7VFDrEt_600x450.jpg

braden

Name
Braden bell
I was trained for 12 years running a 47 blower. When it was time to ditch that guy all I could afford was a EZ 1633. The whole time waiting for it I was scared I would really hate it. As soon as I got it I through 150 feet of two inch hose out even though I can clean my house with 50. Hoses coiled everywhere. I was pleasantly surprised. 2 inch tube 6 flow wand one dry pass on our medium pole nylon. No fan and dry in two hours. Area rug was dry even quicker. Like others have said. Pull the trigger. Use your knowledge and put it to work

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
If it's cheap and what you can afford for now, buy it and put it to work.
Thanks.

I went and checked the unit out and got it. He was asking $3700 and got it for $3200.
Van
Machine 2403 hours
3 2 jet wands
brand new prochem upholstery
400 ft of hose !!!lol
extra waste tank
dehumidifier
2 air movers
8 gallons of chemical
pump sprayer
full case of furniture block

He was trying give me another hose and solution reel but it didn't fit.

Unit cleans like a beast and gets hot as fire. gauge was showing a little over 15 water lift. I feel pretty good about the purchase.
Ever drove the van 4 hours home. Just needs motor mount and some floor board patching.

Reactions: dealtimeman

braden

Name
Braden bell
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I'm no expert but a couple little tips. Mini air movers leapfrogged following you out on residential and post Bonett commercials. No problems with dry times. Not trying to sound like a know it all just another carpet cleaner

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We used those units in our service company in the 1980's, and sold several through our distributorship through the early 90's. More than a few are still in use.

If you watch your hose runs, keep your hose and wands at 2" all the way, and use carpet drying fans, you'll love the unit. I have some customers who go to great lengths to keep their units running so that they don't have to replace them with anything else.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
We used those units in our service company in the 1980's, and sold several through our distributorship through the early 90's. More than a few are still in use.

If you watch your hose runs, keep your hose and wands at 2" all the way, and use carpet drying fans, you'll love the unit. I have some customers who go to great lengths to keep their units running so that they don't have to replace them with anything else.

The guy said it was an old ServPro Van.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The unit is private labeled. Prochem made it and depending on the year it was either a "100A" or "Prochem Oil Fired", but they are very similar. We installed and serviced these unit for Servpro for years.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Your closest Prochem dealer should be able to keep it serviced and running for you. Because of the age of the unit, not all service people will be up to speed on those models, but Sunbelt is in Raleigh, and they've been around for decades. I'm sure they can help you.

If there is anything I can do to help, though, let me know.

800-342-2297, extension 107

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
Your closest Prochem dealer should be able to keep it serviced and running for you. Because of the age of the unit, not all service people will be up to speed on those models, but Sunbelt is in Raleigh, and they've been around for decades. I'm sure they can help you.

If there is anything I can do to help, though, let me know.

800-342-2297, extension 107
Thanks for all the information. Everything is in working order for now. I'm sure i'll have more questions.

Sunbelt is only 15 minutes from my house. If there is anything I can't figure out I'll take it to them.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Bjorn

I started with a 150A pulled the kero heater and used propane I have rebuilt and sold 5 or 6 of 100 to 150 A's over the years easy to work on many different engines can be used on the platform they are what truck mounts should be simple easy to fix and no propriety parts

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
I started with a 150A pulled the kero heater and used propane I have rebuilt and sold 5 or 6 of 100 to 150 A's over the years easy to work on many different engines can be used on the platform they are what truck mounts should be simple easy to fix and no propriety parts

Is it possible to upgrade to a stronger engine or blower if I wanted down the road?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The only pita on the machine is the flow control to fire the burner when it works it's awesome heat!

Name
Andy McFadden
I had a nice one that I intended to bring back to life, got tired of looking at it setting for so long,

so I sold it just to get my money back out of it. STUPID me!! , wish I had kept it would have been a nice TM.

Bjorn

you can do what ever you want to it just takes enough MONEY pretty simple

Back
Top Bottom