prochem 405 performer

visited local supplier today to pick-up some supplies, noticed a 405 performer displayed for sale. 1823 hrs on the unit comes with 100 gallon waste tank and ti 4 quad jet wand for 13,000. do you guys think its worth it personally i think its a little high for a unit with that many hrs. on it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Those were great machines in their day; we sold a lot of them and many of our customers are still using them; we have a few with over 20,000 hours on the engines.

When you are trying to establish the value of a used machine, here's some things to ask:

What does the comparable Prochem machine sell for new? Since that model is no longer made, your closest comparison would be a Prochem Everest. That machine is around 24K right now.

Are you buying is "as is", or with a warranty? Some distributors refurbish these units and warrant the machines for a few to several months. Such a warranty adds value.

What other accessories and tools are available with it? Does the price include installation and a fuel kit? If you are putting this unit in a new van, the fuel kit alone could cost several hundred dollars.

Check some of the on line sites for used equipment, such as: www.cleanersclassifieds.com and sites such as truckmountdeals.com and the Jon-Don used equipment site to get comparative pricing.

The advantage you have with this unit being at your local dealer is that you can run the unit and discuss its condition and possible warranties and perhaps financing.

Becker

Name
Becker
Thats not many hours for its year.

It has been a number of years since they quit making them.

The motors in them will last forever if well cared for.

I always like the 405.. Quiet, powerful.. With the right upgrades it could be a great machine.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Isn't the Prochem Apex a more comparable unit to the 405?

It has a 31 hp engine which I think is the same or 1 hp less than the 405. I'd love to pick up a 405 that's been well taken care of but they are very hard to find.

Just curious.
Bill

steve g

Name
steve garrett
they are great machines and if a guy intends to single wand they are ALL the machine one wand can use, it should maintain 220-230 ATM even on low setting that being wide open hard on the trigger commercial work, more on high, plenty for a one man show. they are pretty heavy and big, I would recommend a box truck or one of those vans with the smaller van width wide box on them. 13k IMO is way too much money even if the machine is mint, personally I would want to be under 8k if the the machine was in good shape.

Greenie

Jim is right, a standard prochem everest with the t-408 blower would be a closer comparison and there is nothing wrong with the Hyundai engine, but most miss their old nissan workhorse.

And a unit is only worth, what you are willing to pay, my price might be different than yours.

I've "pimped" a fair amount of 405s, a lot of potential there.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I bought mine about a year and half ago with about 2500 hrs on it. It was in almost mint condition and I paid I think 9,800 and that included shipping across the country. I went from a cub xl to the 405 so it was like a whole new world to me. I have had no problems with the machine so far and love it. :D

MerCrewser

Depending on condition, I would walk in there with my offer in cash and take it. At 5000 hours, the machine will just about be broken in and ready for service so you have some serious running time left. At 5500 hours I am just now replacing my belts, and they still look like new. I am keeping the old ones for spares. These machines are easy to work on and well designed.

R

R W

If anyone is looking for a used one to rebuild, I got one. It's got everything, but does need a total rebuild, 'cept for the engine. I can post it on the garage sale page.......so it's all legal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom