Prochem 805.....Questions...?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
The Exhaust on this unit...will make your eyes WATER...... :shock:

"If I divert the exhaust...to 90 degrees...Will I create damaging back-pressure on the engine.?"

Has anyone ....tried a catalytic converter on one of these units....?

"The Nissan H25 engine .....runs smooth as silk....NOT running rich..."

09-06-09_1850.jpg

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I will call you tomorrow with the AT running in the background (while I am encapping a trashed rental) so you can hear something running smooth. :lol:

Can't wait to see that beast in action.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
boazcan said:
I will call you tomorrow with the AT running in the background (while I am encapping a trashed rental) so you can hear something running smooth. :lol:

Can't wait to see that beast in action.

"You are a...sIcK...SiCk...little bOy.... ":lol:

R

R W

HARPER said:
The Exhaust on this unit...will make your eyes WATER...... :shock:

"If I divert the exhaust...to 90 degrees...Will I create damaging back-pressure on the engine.?"

Has anyone ....tried a catalytic converter on one of these units....?

"The Nissan H25 engine .....runs smooth as silk....NOT running rich..."

09-06-09_1850.jpg

Harp....I diverted the exhaust on my Genesis with 3 - 90* angles times 2....one for each exhaust outlet. I ran it down through the cargo door step, angled it back about 18", and right-angled it out right in front of the rear wheel housing. Then I put 2 stack caps on the ends (like the diesel trucks) to keep the weather and varmits out. I called Powerclean before I did it and they had no problem. It is all 2" steel pipe. Keeps that stink off my legs when I'm near the front of the unit.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Lee Stockwell said:
Richard Chavez (RTC) has one.

Thank's Lee...

"I saw him LURKING....I thought I could ....DRAW HIM OUT INTO THE OPEN...!!!!"

When "Jeff"...Stops selling his "BLUE-LIGHT" special....Maybe he will cHiMe iN.. :wink:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Thanks RW...

The 805 is in a 16' box ....The exhaust port is at least 5"....ID.... :shock:

At 25'...The exhaust will BlOW yOuR HaiR back.... :!:

I HATE...to cut a 6 inch hole in the floor... :eek:
But it looks like...I may not have any choice... :(

R

R W

HARPER said:
Thanks RW...

The 805 is in a 16' box ....The exhaust port is at least 5"....ID.... :shock:

At 25'...The exhaust will BlOW yOuR HaiR back.... :!:

I HATE...to cut a 6 inch hole in the floor... :eek:
But it looks like...I may not have any choice... :(

Yeah....my Genesis is carborated Ford engine. It can burn the eyes at times, especially when staring on cold mornings with choke.

Greenie

You sure it's 5"?
Stock blower is only 4"

Anyways, why not buy a 4-5" rubber FernCo 90 and cut it in half, then clam 1/2 of the Fernco over the exhaust port, this gives a 30-45 degree downward deflection, and because it's rubber it "can" take a little bit of the pitch out of the sound coming off of that straight metal exhaust.

If you look at my Blue light special, you will see a smaller version of just that, same deal on Terry's Nordic1.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Lee Stockwell said:
Could be a yellow hat trick, a larger pipe bolted over the stock 4" blower exhaust?

Lee...

The 805 is in this box.....

03-16-09_1057.jpg

I am "tight" on clearance with the roll-up door....
If ...I use a FernCo 90..I will have to push the 90..way up onto the exhaust..to clear the door..
"Will this CREATE excessive "back-pressure" on the Nissan...?"
I am concerned....this will cause the Nissan to OVERHEAT....?

I also have an old "Prochem BEARCAT"...Which I love...It has a catalytic converter....!
Can I install a Cat.Converter on the 805.....To cut down on the FUMES...?

ps..Could I use a pvc 90....for the elbow..?...or are the exhaust temps too HIGH...?

Thanks
Harper

255.jpg

This is the 405....That WAS...in this Box.. :!:

Name
Lee Stockwell
No pvc...too hot as you noted. With all the room under the box I'd be routing the exhaust down there in a heartbeat. The 90s won't add measurable heat.

Greenie

"Will this CREATE excessive "back-pressure" on the Nissan...?"

If it's that tight Harp, just push the fernCo deflector on after the door is raised, you'll only forget to remove it and close the door 6 or 7 times and the guys will finally put it into their shut down proceedures.

Don't use PVC or ABS.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Thanks..A-LOT..

Lee & Jeff... :!:

One more question... :?:

My PC Everest 650 HP..Has a COWLING...That diverts the engine exhaust down through floor...

I believe it is also...4"...But it has two...3' flex hose...diverting...!!!!!

ps Greenie..Are you aware of a "Quick-Release clamp for thr application you spoke of..?
If I don't clamp the 90...the exhaust will leak...back into the van....

Greenie

HARPER said:
My PC Everest 650 HP..Has a COWLING...That diverts the engine exhaust down through floor...

I believe it is also...4"...But it has two...3' flex hose...diverting...!!!!!

If memory serves that plastic cowl is like 2.5" tall and 10" wide, so are you saying there is additioanl 3" ducting somehow hooked to it, or under the cowl in some fashion?

ps Greenie..Are you aware of a "Quick-Release clamp for thr application you spoke of..?
If I don't clamp the 90...the exhaust will leak...back into the van....

Not off hand, but I'm willing to bet there is one made.
You said it was blowing pretty hard, but Ill bet that little 22.5 degree deflection doesn't cause enough deflection to "launch" the rubber, not as long as it's snug when warm, so yea the slightest amount of Clamping Pressure should hold, doesn't have to be that tight.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Not off hand, but I'm willing to bet there is one made.
You said it was blowing pretty hard, but Ill bet that little 22.5 degree deflection doesn't cause enough deflection to "launch" the rubber, not as long as it's snug when warm, so yea the slightest amount of Clamping Pressure should hold, doesn't have to be that tight

I think I will try....a Pool Filter Clamp...The kind with the black "tensioner knob"....
I my memory servers me... :shock: ....I think the clamp will "quick-release" after the
tension is removed... :wink:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We don't divert ours through the floor, although I understand why you want to.
The exhaust is right at eye level.

In this cold climate diverting exhaust or waste through the floor just adds more cold to the box. We've had less freezing problems when it's all kept inside.

We need to make a modification in the blower belt guard this week and ours is back up running.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom