Prochem begins manufacturing restoration equipment

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
From Cleanfax Insider
Prochem begins manufacturing restoration equipment

Thursday, January 28, 2010

CHANDLER, AZ — Prochem has spent nearly two years investigating and planning its entry into manufacturing products for water damage restoration professionals, and has now taken the first official step by introducing what it calls a revolutionary type of air mover.

"We started development of the water restoration line two years ago with an extensive series of focus groups to determine what we could do differently in the marketplace to address end users' wants and needs," said Glen Wilson, vice president of sales and marketing. "We really felt that innovation would make the Prochem products stand out and gain the attention of the market."

Wilson said the development team worked with 45 restoration professionals across the country to gather insight into what these professionals wanted in their equipment.

The first product offered in the new water restoration line is the Triad air mover.

"The Triad utilizes 'Thrust Fan' technology to provide the performance professionals are used to but only requiring 1.48 amps," Wilson said. "The Triad is roughly half the size of a conventional air mover, providing all the performance in half the size."

According to Wilson, the Triad is the first of many products that will be introduced by Prochem during the next few years.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'll be interested to see how this plays out. We all know that restoration equipment gets banged around, and I wonder if they'll be able to hold up against the abuse like some of the other brands.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
jaw-dropping.gif

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Hitting back at Legends Brands? If there's a market for little airmovers, Dri-Eaz could counter with a 110v version of their European model.

We all know what the economy has done to truckmount sales. Probably just overcapacity and needing to sell something to keep the lights on.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Any specs and price yet?

I see the new eco vikings are 1.6 amps. Wonder how they would compare. About $200 w/ gfi

Greenie

I'm just waiting to see how you can push 2200 cfm with 1/2 the amps of everyone else.

It's likened to a car getting 50mpg, when all the competitors are at 25mpg.

Plus, I'd like Tim to knock out some push ups and buy me a beer on behalf of Olson whoring himself for the cause.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Dri-Eaz isn't worried unlike Prochem who say the unit is the result of 2 years of R&D and 42 Restoration companies we design products based on 30 years of experience and the input of 10,000+ Restorers.
As for CFM seems they don't want to have that discussion none of the marketing materials even mention CFM. Hmmmm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom