Prochem CRB for agitation carpets...question??

Rescue

So yesterday I cleaned 2000 sq/ft for this lady for $800 and it took me 6 hours to clean due to the layout of the house and furniture moving. I always agitate with the CRB machine from prochem (Encap) and it has worked great. My only complaint is that it always causes the carpet to produce a lot of lint from the pile and makes a mess. I spent a lot of time cleaning it before I went to the other rooms. I also just used my wand to suck up the lint it caused. Does any of you have this problem....am I doing something wrong? What about using the 175 for agitation, does this also happen? I am just trying to make my cleaning easier.

Joe

Scott Rogers

Some staple fiber is normal, but if you are getting excess amounts you may be using to stiff of a brush on you CBM. Are you using commercial brushes on it?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Yes, sounds like a carpet made from staple fiber. You will not have near the problem with BCF fibers.

Scott Warrington

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the CRB machine digs up a bunch of crud from the carpet so I would ask are you sure it is from the fiber and not hair and other crud coming out of the carpet

once the debris tray slots get a little clogged then it will drop piles it as you describe, mine does it

sometimes a good pre vac helps but not all the time

Name
steve snail
On average, but not always I get a "fair" amount of lint and carpet fibers. No big deal though, use the vacuum hose to clean the brushes and tray as needed. And like you, the wand to pick up the rest as i clean. That machine rocks and most definitely takes the job to the next level.

Rescue

Thanks guys. I never thought about using my vacuum hose to suck it up. This will save me a lot of time. And no, I have not used it on commercial....only residential.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah i have that happen every once in a while. you definitely have to keep emptying that tray at the bottom. Sometimes you cant even do 1 room without it filling up. And it gets all wet and nasty. Thats my only complaint with it.

tim

the lint trap and rollers need to be cleaned often. Definitely a pain in the butt! They could definitely make it easier to change the lint trap AND remove the brushes! Gotta hold the mouth just right and wear gloves, it is nasty!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom