Prochem Direct Drive

B

Bill G. Martin

Well, not according to what that link contains that was in my first post of this thread....??

That Link is from the Prochem web site and it shows a model for Ford and one for GM.

Is this someone elses machine with a Prochem label?

Bill in Central Florida

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
They started making a machine driven off the van engine about 10 years ago. Maybee a few years more. It was called a prochem pto. and It was an epic failure. It used a hydraulic pump on the engine of the van and it drove a hydraulic motor in the machine. Think of the average tm. You have two pully's or a rubber coupler as the main failure points in the drive mechanism. The prochem pto had van belt, hoses, presure regulator, and a hydraulic motor as potential failure points. what a piece of junk. I have one so I am more aware of what a pos it was. I am not aware of them building a different type of pto.

TimP

Cleanco makes (still does as far as I know) a machine for them. And prochem made slide in's for cleanco. At least that's what I understood.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
It's a Cleanco. Cleanco was the first PTO machine ever manufactured and they are still top of the line. Everybody talks about Butler, well there's a ship load of Cleanco's still humming along out there hour after hour.

John Watson

NobleCarpetCleaners said:
It's a Cleanco. Cleanco was the first PTO machine ever manufactured and they are still top of the line. Everybody talks about Butler, well there's a ship load of Cleanco's still humming along out there hour after hour.

Sorry your facts are not in order,, Cleanco might have been the first in Canadia, They lost when they tryed sueing JEM for infringements cause Steam Vac made them before both JEM and Cleanco in the US. Steam Vac is now the Hydra Master PTO.

As far as the first Shaft Drive PTO unit comming off the harmonic balancer I don't know who made it. as for the PTO drive I believe Judsons was the first a chain or belt drive off a trans. PTO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom