ProChem Everest, Water Coming Out the Exhaust on Start Up

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on. Business is going well kids are growing up..... My Everest has water coming out the exhaust when I start it up in the morning and or after I've not run it for several hours. It appears to be from the heater core. I'm sure this has happened to others and was hoping to hear what I need to do to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

Torn

Ron K

Chris, I have a legend and the same thing happened to me. Here they said it's condensation, humidity... Blah Blah Blah. If it hasn't happened before and this is a new occurance , then it is probably the heater core. I dealt with it as long as possible and then fixed it. Water, not condensation, out the exhaust is not normal .

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Yes, I'm 99 % sure it's the heater core. How hard was yours to fix? I've heard that it's much cheaper to get a car heater core than to go to a carpet cleaning supply store for one. Can you share your experience with repairing it with me?

And thank you!

Ron K

Tom I paid one of the "Bigs" to do it so I don't know the problems. But I wasn't impressed with the repair either.

Reactions: Torn

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am surprised John didnt tell you to NOT just buy a car heater core...

depending on which one is leaking....1 is copper the other 2 are SS...

and it doesnt just spray while cleaning???

because if it was a leak i thought it would

Able 1

Name
Keith
Even if you have a leak in you HX it may leak till you TM heats up then it just burns off the water from a small leak.. On Prochem truckmounts it is usually the low pressure brass HX'er.. You have to freeze pretty hard to crack the other stainless(expensive) ones. As far as changing out a bad HX'er, it would probably take about a half hour for someone that hasn't ever done it..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom